The Truth about AgSil 16h / Potassium Silicate

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Juan Orfa, Aug 17, 2016.

?

Do you currently use Potassium Silicate in your Organic cultivation process?

1. Nope

2. Yes, but I will/am willing to seek out a better alternative.

3. Yes, I will continue applications and believe it is fairly considered an organic practice.

4. WTF are you talking about?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I only use Agsil to mix foliars now. I have discontinued using it in soil. My PotSil now is banana peels etc in compost and rice hulls in the worm bin, Top dress and water.
    os

• Like Like x 2
  2. Uhh word of caution, be careful with those comfreys. The previous home owners grew a bunch of it around the yard here and now it has taken over my entire backyard and is the biggest pain in the ass ever. You have to dig up like all of it's roots or it just keeps spreading and popping up in even more places so basically at this point I'm too outnumbered lol.

The worst part of it is the flowers get what I believe is botrytis every year, so anything I'd potentially grow outside would be surrounded by moldy comfreys by the time they finish.

• Like Like x 3
  3. This is the reason everyone is discouraged from planting the seed variety. You can use the sterile Bocking Russian comfrey #4 or #14 and you will not have any problems.

PW

• Like Like x 6
  4. Depending on how big your back yard is you can probably cut all the comfrey down ground level, lay some cardboard over all the comfrey, and you could maybe put a super thin layer of dirt over the cardboard, you could plant grass on it, the cardboard would decompose under the new grass, and you'd have a fresh lawn to do whatever with. Just a high thought lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. comfrey be like
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. What are your measurements to emulsify the neem oil? How much silicate neem and what ever else u put
    ....water?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. 1tbs neem oil 2tsp silica solution per gallon foliar.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Do you have to heat this on the stove or anything or just mix an go

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. just mix the oil and silica until they emulsify. i do add lukewarm water to mix as it helps to incorporate the neem oil better, especially on colder days when the neem oil solidifies at room temps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is that a 7.8% solution? I am trying to use up what I have before I get powdered and my silica solution is 11%. I was thinking about 7.5ml/gal of 11%. Sound right?

11. its for the 7.8 yes but its not set in stone. just add whatever amount is enough to emulsify the oil.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I didn't think it was, but I've burnt plants using too much. Trying not to repeat as my no-till kicks into gear on it's first run.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I wish I had that problem!

15. If you have it available cut a bunch of horse tail (the plant, not what hangs off a horses hind end.) It's full of natural silica, put it in your compost.It's free it works and it's all natural. That's all I use to check that box.

• Like Like x 3
  16. True story. I myself have the common variety and my method is to grow it in a stock tank and when they send up flower stalks cut them off before they bloom and compost. That way it stays contained.

• Like Like x 1
  17. So you would be the best source for fresh organic comfrey ;)

18. What Is a stock tank?

19. Its essentially a horse or cow trough.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Of course a horse trough thanks