Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The true side effects of marijuana.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PvtRyan, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Lets say, not smoking. From eating or vaping. What are the REAL side effects of getting high? I think we can all agree that short term memory loss is there (although, it seems to go away after a day) but what else is there really?

I guess happiness, being content with the world, and just loving life could be considered side effects... :smoke:

2. Deeper thinking, seeing the world differently.

Honestly the worst things I've ever had happen to me are cotton mouth and headaches. And I think the headaches have to do with dehydration any whoo.

3. Can't think of anything other than short term memory loss, although it does take a toll on your lungs. I've been smoking a little under a decade and can definately feel myself getting tired sooner and more often.

4. Loose stools if you eat too much....

5. ....or that could just be you getting OLDER.....just a thought.

6. If you're looking for negative side effects, one that I've noticed a bit is a loss of appetite when you're not stoned. Positive? Overall glee and the ability to say whatever is on your mind no matter what. Actually that could be a negative thing too depending on who you're smoking with :eek:

7. Paranoia for some people, red eyes bad,breath and loss of anger and hate

8. #8 MR_, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010

I dunno...go for a quick jog, say something like 4 blocks..now, smoke a fat bowl, and do the same

if you still remember it, i bet you'll be much more tired. But then again, I did smoke cigarettes a few yrs ago, so its still probably in my system a bit.

although, I'm only noting the negatives. the positives definately outweigh the negatives, but everyone already knows the positives.

9. Negative side effects can be you eat so damn much, so your stomach hurts; red eyes; paranoia (though this can be a good thing when driving high, for example). Positive effects can be you become happy, just want to chill, start hearing and seeing things better, etc. I think the positives outweigh the negatives, easily. I think it's nice how the senses become better when high. One time I was smoking with some friends and we were at a park and halfway through the blunt, I was just like "Bro, can you guys see and hear all the same shit I'm hearing now?". Almost at once, everyone was like "hell yeah, I didn't see or hear all of these birds, squirrels, and people earlier, wtf!". LOL, the weed....

And weed definitely makes people happier. How many arrests and altercations do you see at marijuana festivals (Marly Fest in Austin, TX, there is a big one in Vancouver that I know of, etc.), versus a bunch of drunk people in one place?

10. Memory loss, addiction, (sometimes) weight gain, loss of focus, & triggering predisposed mental illnesses.

1) That one sucks
    2) You can get addicted to anything that causes pleasure.
    3) You can gain weight from eating fast food.
    4) ADD
    5) Well, that one sucks too

Otherwise, negative side effects are really unknown to humans. And if they are "known" they aren't publicized at all

11. the day after my ADHD is magically gone it's fucked i don't yammer/annoy my dad talk about different things, its cool, the deep/calm thinking annoys me though i'm used to thinking at a mile a minute

12. Pretty much this, though i think my headaches are more related to my coughing then dehyrdration, i'm obsessed with Arizona grapeade while blazed.

13. No doubt. Those Arizona's are a Godsend. Get you one of those (I get Green Tea), and a couple of snacks, and your munchies are covered.

14. happy hungry sleepy.

15. Truly it makes me more tired a little bit and not on focus/sluggish if I try something like skateboarding later on that day not gonna be doing anything high/catching shit with no balance. But anyways Not really that many more.

16. Hey man, I gotta ask, is your name in relation to Trae the Truth? Pretty obvious you being in texas and all but i still had to ask. I live up in portland but listen to a lot of beats outta texas, Real talk man! Dope ass beat

17. When you get older dont you STAY UP longer and not sleep as often?

My grandparents have insomnia all the time.

18. Nah, my name is Trae because that is my real life nickname ;). But yeah, Trae is a pretty good rapper. Love him down in Texas, though is cousin Z-Ro is better...especially when blazed.

19. It makes everything seem better and definitely makes me feel content.
    Negatives: Smoking is bad for you, overeating, mental addiction.