The True Meaning of Our Universe

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by NPM, Sep 24, 2009.

1. I was watching a documentary on string theory on Science channel and it all clicked when they brought up the Large Hadron Collider.

The LHC is meant to slam 2 sub-atomic particles together and recreate conditions extremely similar to the conditions at the beginning of the universe. Well what if when those two particles collide, they actually create a universe.

A universe that develops in a fundamentally similar way as ours, but in some more personal touches very different. We then use this universe to harness power pushing our technology leaps and bounds ahead.

One day our universe we created would advance to the same point and create their own universe and continue the cycle.

This can also explain UFOs and such, it is the universes creators checking up on their creation.

2. uh thats not the meaning... thats the theory behind our universe...

3. I thought it was 42?:confused:

4. Does anyone actually have anything to add to this?

5. hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was just on tv
    they were like wtf 42 are you joking

6. Well it's certainly an interesting theory, impossible to disprove. So maybe, yeah.

7. holy sh1t dude i have never heard about that, but it makes more sense then god. but then again idk

8. it would take billions and billions of years for a universe like ours to develop, at least we can tell from what we know and have experienced. i believe our own planet will be at its demise or close to it by the time our "own" created universe has reached the point we have.

9. Drop some acid you'll figure it out. I did but there's absolutely no way to explain. Like a new color which I also saw.

10. #10 tharedhead, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
    I think the current "pop culture" presentation of physics is designed more to entertain than to have any substantive meaning. With the huge cost of the LHC several groups have massively oversold it, making out like it will produce results its certainly not going to give. That fucked up book about the Higgs Boson, for example. "God Particle" my ass:mad:. Physics is not nearly as exciting as the current rash of coffee table books makes out, unless you're a physicist-and what they really get excited about is more than a little hard to explain to the viewing public. My 2 cents only.:wave:

11. +rep for Douglas Adams.

12. Dudebromen.
    Youtube "Imagining the tenth dimension"
    You shall then have new insight on this concept.
    WARNING
    It's pretty mindblowing