The Toronto Hemp Company!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Wet Horse Lips, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Hey all,

I was in Toronto today, and being from Peterborough, I don't really know my way around too much. I was walking along, and I stared up and what did I see? A gigantic cannabis leaf.

Oh man, too bad I was with my family. I really wanted to go in there. My parents didn't say anything about it, since they "hate" weed, and just basically forced me to take a long break.

Later on, we were sitting at the Country Style across the street, and I couldn't take my eyes off of that place. My dad was like "Heeey, see that Mark? Toronto Hemp Company..." and I was like "Oh yeeeeah...".

My mom just looked pissed that I mentioned hemp.

What's it like in there? I'll hit it up next time. I just didn't want to go in there with them - they'd draw the conclusion that I was still smoking weed, and get fucking angry, in all likelihood.

2. Damn sorry to hear that.

3. Hear what? That I "couldn't" go in?

EDIT: Oh, duh, you mean that my parents are ignorant?

4. On Younge St. I've seen it before but never entered. I really want to go, bad. I've been to the Hotbox Cafe though. Very fucking chill :D
    Really though, it sounds amazing. I'm catching the sub tomorrow or this weekend and going, it's got to be my pothead calling...

Apparently it's "an incredible world-class 3-floor, 7500 square foot Cannabis Culture Superstore unlike any other in the world"

Marijuana / Cannabis / Hemp - Toronto Hemp Company (THC) - Store / Shop - Hemp Products, Smoking Pipes and Vaporizers, Growing Cannabis, Marijuana Medicine & Compassion, Medical Plant Seeds, Cannabis Cafes, Canada

5. i would love to go there...
    please, bring a camera, take pics, and post them right here and ill +rep and it would be verrry interesting and awesome. :smoke::smoke:

6. I will, sounds like a plan! :)

7. awesome. when did you say you were going? im excited to see these... it would be even awesomer if you got a new piece and brought it home and took new pics of that too... :eek::D

8. I've been there a bunch of times, they're pretty cool in there, just a big bong shop, its got clothes, glowing shit, everything...

Its not the place you can smoke though, thats vapor lounge or someshit

9. still i would love to see photos, if you toke some and posted them right here that would be dope...:D

10. I think that if I decided to start toking again, I'm going to make a visit there. I'll probably grab myself a RooR or something, if I can afford it.

Damn, I wish I lived in Youngsterdam, LOL.

EDIT: And what's the deal with the Hotbox Cafe? Can you smoke there? I heard you could? How does that work? And the Vapour Lounge? Hmmm... that's pretty cool...

11. what street is this on

12. [​IMG]

I just got the name. Toronto Hemp Company.

13. #14 OneLove., Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009

Yes, you can smoke there. Bring your own weed, don't badger anyone for deals, you can only stay an hour and don't ask for trouble and you have somewhere in Toronto to blaze up. There's tables to roll on and food and drinks served. Places to sit and blaze with your group. It's supposed to model an Amsterdam Coffee Shop and is ultimately pretty neat.

HOT BOX CAFE

Edit: A funeral just came up this weekend; but by the end of the summer I'm hoping to find my way down there. For sure in the next two months I'm checkin' it out; I probably will purchase a piece or bong if I go!

14. thats the only picture you got man???/

15. THC is sick, biggest headshop in Canada. The first floor is all grow supply's, the second floor is all hemp clothing and stuff and the third floor is mad bongs, pipes, blunts and pretty much anything you would think a headshop would have.

The guys who run the grow supply floor are really cool and you can haggle them down to pretty much any price (I got 50% off a decent sized purchase) I actually got my RooR from there. Quite overpriced to be honest but the have a great selection and unique hand blown shit from the glassblowers down the street. Plus the epic 6 blunts for 5 bucks deal.

The hot box in kensington market is a pretty sweet cafe. They have indoor seating but you can only hit vapes inside. If you want to use anything else you have to use the outside seating behind the place. Very cool people and atmosphere but you have to pay at least 4.20 in food if you want to stay. I'm not sure of the specific legalities of it but the cops just dont mess with them as long as they don't cause trouble.

16. Was just in Toronto to buy seeds and check out some of the cafes. THC was on the list. it is on yonge st just before you hit bloor. going north. As everyone else has said bottom floor is grow suplies and you can ask them anything. They also had some different grow situations set up to check out. 1st floor is all clothes and other items made from hemp and top floor is all smoking items bongs, pipes, papers, ect..... now if you go outside there door and go next door to the little black door and up the stairs you will find the vapor lounge. you can pay a yearly, monthly or daily fee. we paid 5.00 for the day and was also told when we were leaving we could come back anytime that day until closing (1am) you can only smoke using the vapors or bongs has tables and chairs, couches, tv's. was a pretty laidback stoners place. worth the daily fee.:smoking:

Also Hot Box cafe is on baldwin st off spadina in kennsington market (china town) again js=ust a small door between businesses and you walk upstairs pay 5.00 and you have access to the roof top to smoke bones. They have enery drinks and snacks. You can stay longer than an hour and no purchase of food was require since they charge an entry fee. You wuld go here to chill and listen to music. most people sit outside on the deck other use the vaporizers inside.:smoking:

Another cafe is the Kindred Cafe. this is also off spadina going south (i forget the name of the street) Basically a townhouse made into a cafe. ist florr legit cafe with coffee sweets wi-fi snacks and other drinks. If you want to smoke again you pay 5.00 daily pass fee for access to the roof top smoking. There roof top is bigger than Hot box and was also covered somewhat. what was cool about this place was on the 2nd floor there are 3 rooms with couches, rv's and PS3 systems movies and vaporizors. for 15.00 an hour you can rent the room to use the vaporizer smoke play some video games watch a movie what ever. the room next to ours had about 15 people smoking it up having a great time and the cafe staff waits on you with a great menu of munchies. very clean.

I would have to say the vapor lounge, hot box, and kindred cafe were worth the fee...each has a different vibe going on and each has there own to offer you. check them out worth it. :hello: