The time my rights were violated by the police

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SedatedIndividual, Dec 11, 2014.

1. #1 SedatedIndividual, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    All of the stories of people up to no good and being harassed by the police, here is an opposite one for you. 

Both my friend and I were 19 at the time. 

I was picking up my friend downtown, he worked at a 24/7 bar/restaurant. It was about 12pm on a Sunday night and we were going to his place after. I accidentally turned down a dead end road without realizing it and quickly turned around. As I turned out I am turning left at a red light and notice two cops behind me. As soon as the light turns green their lights come on and I am thinking wtf. I pull over and the cop comes up to my car and the first thing he says is "is this your car". What a douche, no I stole it asshole. I said yes it is. He then told me that my license plate sticker was expired (dammit, I forgot, it was 2 days past expiry). He takes both of our licenses and I think nothing of it other than I am getting a simple fine. 

This is when it gets strange. He asks us why we turned down the street and quickly came out (clearly insinuating we just made a drug deal). I told him that I was picking my friend up after work with the intention of going to his place and hanging out for the night. I am not fully familiar with all the downtown streets and accidentally turned down a dead end road, realizing it quickly and turning around after. He then told me to get out of the car. At the time I thought nothing of it and left my keys in the ignition and my windows down - big mistake. 

The cop tells me to tell him where the drugs are and he will let me off, but if I don't tell him he will get the dogs and will charge me. I tell him I don't have anything on me (I didn't, we were both completely clean and not planning on smoking) but he did not believe me. He told me to get on his car and that I was being searched. During all of this his partner was searching through my friend and his work bag. I put my hands on the car as directed and proceeded to be searched. The cop car was running the whole time and the hood was hot so I slid my hands slightly off the heated part while keeping them on the car. The cop did not like that. He slammed me down onto the car screaming and handcuffed me. How humiliating. After he was done searching me like an asshole him and his partner ransacked through my entire car, as I stood their with my friend in handcuffs, completely innocent. The morons looked like a bunch of kids on christmas day expecting to open up the latest cool gadget. The look on their pathetic faces when they realized they were wrong and there was nothing was just amazing. 

The bitter pieces of shit gave me every fine they could give and threw me on my way. I don't know why I didn't report it, I guess I was just shocked at how I was treated. The cops have always treated me like a king. 

2. Yeah it happens all the time. Cops love to feel power because I think of bad childhood.

Once I was on my way home and these cops pulled me over, because I didn't stop in the middle of the road, I pulled over into a parking lot, they insisted I threw out a bag of some powder drug.

They ripped car apart, found absolutely nothing (I was on felony probation and kept my shit clean), and asked why I pulled into the parking lot. I said, 'why would I pull over on the road when there is no shoulder to speak of?' He thought I was giving him attitude.

Fuck majority of cops, I have met some honest and good cops, but they're way overshadowed by dickheads.

My uncle is a detective in Los angeles, he has a lot of shitty cop stories, he hates cops too.