[\\\|The Third Eye's Musical Progression Thread|///}-

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by The Third Eye, Nov 15, 2011.

1. #1 The Third Eye, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    Hey GC! I am starting to learn how to produce music, and thought it would be cool to keep a journal here of my musical progression. I have two tracks done so far, although I wouldnt technically say they are done, because i might go back to them at any time and tweak it when i learn something new.

Please give me feedback! constructive criticism is very welcome, just don't be a jackass haha :p also, please help a blade out and rate the videos and subscribe to my channel! thank you!!!
    Here's what i've got so far. The first one is my most recent track and the second was my first attempt at some dubstep.

+rep for advice and well thought out criticism
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT6qbbByHI0]Nightmare - BassBoss - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou7tfpdOTZU]Doobstep- BassBoss - YouTube[/ame]

2. Here's my constructive criticism.....

track 1 ~ I like it....but I feel it needs some extra drum beats. I like the samples!! And also, a typical song is 3 minutes....so, add some beats and lengthen it

track 2 ~ nice heavy track but it needs a break....add a 30-45 second ambient style break and continue the track to the 3 minute mark and beyond

You're on the right track....and remember 3+ minutes

:)

3. #3 The Third Eye, Nov 15, 2011

sweet thanks a ton! I figured my tracks should be longer, but i was having trouble thinking of what to do to lengthen them. thanks for the advice!

one thing i really need to work out is the correct way to structure songs, because i feel like that would help them flow better and id also be able to make them longer.

4. #4 TexRx, Nov 15, 2011
    ^^^When someone likes the track, they'll keep listening for up to 6 minutes or more even if the beat & rythym stays the same....don't be afraid to let the track play out for a minute or 2 before any changes

:)

5. thats good to know. i let two of my friends listen to the new track so far and they really liked it. i showed my mom and she just said it was creepy, which i guess means i did a good job, because thats sort of what i was going for ha

6. i think i might start trying to get at least 1 track done every week to post here for you blades.
    what do you guys think?

it would be a cool project, and it would help me stay motivated to get better at this! :)