The theory of Mary Jane's (TRUE) Purpose

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Rastafari, May 13, 2010.

1. i feel you with the physical feeling thing. I went to my bros house one time and got torched to the point where i honestly was carried to his couch by my two other friends. I closed my eyes, everything going on around me didnt matter anymore like it just wasnt there, i went on an adventure through my thoughts and at some point took a walk through a rainforest with the light shining through the tops of the trees (this was all inside my head, kinda freaked me out). I found a clearing in the forest and walked to what was a huge water fall. At that point, i was able to open my eyes slightly but then i closed them again. I literally felt the entire right side of my body drift away, almost into the couch as if it were a waterfall. This was by far one of my wierdest weed experiences, perhaps because i ate 2 hash brownies before smoking but thought they didnt work because they took a ridiculously long time to work (2 hours 30 mins).

swear to god this isnt hype. I dont like those who fake and are like "yo i smoked a blunt at literally walked to mars."

my story was a mere recolection of spiritual adventure in a natural setting.

2. I just had a thory why cannabis has evolved to effect us in this way.

We say thatTHC molecules fit like a lock and key to the receptors in our brains like we were meant to use the healing herb but how did this happen?.
    I figured the plant adapted to fit the receptors in animals brains to disorientate them from eating their buds so they can reproduce without being used as food.

3. story of my life hahah

4. [quote name='"Mr DudeMan"']I just had a thory why cannabis has evolved to effect us in this way.

We say thatTHC molecules fit like a lock and key to the receptors in our brains like we were meant to use the healing herb but how did this happen?.
    I figured the plant adapted to fit the receptors in animals brains to disorientate them from eating their buds so they can reproduce without being used as food.[/quote]

This makes alot of sense. Maybe marijuana's effects are used as a defense mechanism? So that if it were to be eaten, the animal would be disoriented like you said and stay away from that plant. Only humans have learned to use it as a recreational drug instead.. and it just so happens to not have any lethal effects too.

5. I hate you.

You have words for thoughts I can never explain.

6. [quote name='"MaxAmmo"']I hate you.

You have words for thoughts I can never explain.[/quote]

wait who are you talking to. OP or me? haha

7. The first humans were poor?

I tend to think exact opposite.

8. Haha sorry, meant OP.

Off topic, dogon tribe has similar stories!

9. There have always been people struggling to survive with the fewest resources.

10. For me its been being in bed and feeling like I'm floating a foot above the bed.

11. For me I begin to feel like my molecular resonance becomes synchronized with the frequency of earth harmonics.

Hard to explain, but basically I feel "one" with the "ebb" of the Earth. You could compare it to floating, but in a more introspectively metaphysical way.

12. i remember being so high that i laid down and i felt like i was legit floating i couldn't feel my body when i closed my eyes.

13. When I was first reading this I thought you were a total idiot, but as I read more, I know what you mean. On the occasions where I green out, I get a weird feeling as I'm laying there, I feel like my entire body, starting from my head, has a physical wave go shooting down it and I feel as if my body is moving like a snake.

14. thats why i dont like to get REALLY high often. when i have a solid high, weed is kind of like a stimulant(you want to be active, talkative, happy, enjoying everything, vivid imagination). on the other hand, when i get very high, weed is very sedating(barely talk, hate to move, mellow).

15. ya i know that feeling, especially when i put myself in sleep paralysis right after smoking at night time, sometimes it just feels like in a complete free fall while i'm laying there and it feels like my body is just flipping head over heels as i fall.

16. Lol well the reason we get cotton mouth is because is were inhaling and exhaling hot,dry,smoke in a repeated fashion. And some ppl get red eyes from coughing,some get it from being tired after they smoke since weed is a downer and some just get it lol idk im pretty stoned right now. Fuck >,< now you got me thinking about it

17. I can achieve that feeling without having smoked previously. I usually achieve this when I am meditating. It only happens to me when I am lying on my back . If I do this after I smoke it is much stronger and feels much better. It is really not hard to do when you know how.

18. You sound so high right now man lolol But I really enjoyed your theory

19. #480 ResinHits, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    Very interesting the way you put that. That feeling is kind of scary, ive never stayed it out all the way to see what happens, but it seems interesting. The feeling for me is that my muscles seem to feel like theyre turning to stone and if i dont move then i think im going to have a very bad experience. Like if i dont move real soon i wont be able to move, though i know its a psychological thing and not physiological thing, sometimes stuff in your head is harder to fathom than physical things

Edit: i noticed people talking about how they feel with earths resonance.. I feel like when i lay down or sit in a certain way, two things might happen 1) my whole body begins to slowly go back on forth, much like the ebb and flow of calm water going up to shore then gently pulling back or 2) if my leg is resting on a stool or something, it will independently from the rest of my body, begin to slowly move back and forth on its own, until it gets real rhythmic. I never try to do any of this shit because i have and it doesnt work, its all random.