The term nigga

Discussion in 'General' started by GanjFarmer', Aug 19, 2013.

1. I'm chilling here baked and just went through it in my head, it is such a redundant word. It kind of rolls off the tongue weird and everything. I've been around it my whole life because of where I live and never thought much of it until now.

Whats up with it? I see it all over the city, its like I never saw it maybe once or twice to now its running rampant. Is it because its still summer? :confused:

2. is it that big a deal

3. lead a gib taht ti si 

4. Dunno. But I still say it from time to time. If black people think any variation of the word "nigger" is so offensive, stop fucking using it as a term of endearment. I will continue to use it as long as they keep over-glamourizing it. 

5. When Its summer time, niggas forget how to act

Sent from my private jet using Grasscity forum

6. I haven't used that term in a long time. I hear it in so much music I listen to, I guess I don't think much of it. I just choose not to say it because I'm a white boy from a cornfield. 

7. #7 ByePhilipe, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    I called the gas pump a nigga today. I don't give a shit anymore.

I was like, this nigga better give me the rest of my gas.

8. I dont think its really a racist thing. But idk it seems like it has such a bad connotation with it, although I used to say it a lot a couple years ago I would get "looks".
    yeah you're right

9. I say it sometimes in phrases like awww shit nigga! or nigga please..im kinda ghetto and it just comes out sometimes

10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5TzwBhV2Bo
    hahahahahhah omg 

11. I don't understand why people use it as a term of endearment nowadays. I use it as an insult still, but not a racially specific one. The people I surround myself with all know you don't have to be black to be a nigga. Because as I've understood the word to mean someone who is lazy, stingy with money/a freeloader, no job but always wanna spend money, no bud but always wanna smoke, rude, that is a nigga. Nigger was used as a dehumanizing term that was used specifically for black people, but now we see why its bad to use such words with lightness and now it's gotta be used differently.

And those who say "oh don't let it offend you, it's just a word" obviously you've never been marginalized/dehumanized using the very language we NEED. 

12. I think that a some Black people believe that most whites use the "N" word all the time, behind their backs of course.   I have never found this to be true, at least in NYC.  There were a few racist people I'd encountered years ago, but that was very limited.   Nobody I know EVER uses any variation of the N word, or other similar ones.  

13. got any girlfriends that go bitch please? 
    or say thirsty ho? 

No actually O:

15. Ah okay, well it happens. People take words and change their meanings and connotations. Its a natural part of language 

16. The term

"Niga"

now a days are known as a

"Term" for Homeboy//homie/my friend''

back in the day it was used as a
    racial slur toward african americans, iam mixed with black and white i use the term niga" sometimes but i dont think to say it... and when i say it, Race is far.from what i think of it... i call my white and mexican friends My nigas and they do the same. xD

thatz just how we communicate

17. I used to be very against using it personally up until maybe a year ago. Then I started saying it a lot but like only to myself and never around black people. I still don't lol even though I'm black. My friends would be very surprised and wonder what got into me.

Anyway, I don't use it as a term of endearment. I use it to describe someone. Anyone. It's like dude or guy to me.

After joining grass city and seeing the many threads on nigger and nigga, I just don't give a fuck anymore.

I'm tired of people over intellectualizing the situation. It sucks to be called a nigger. Truly. It's one of the worst things that I can be called and in my opinion, it's not just a word. There's a history behind it.

But it's almost like.. Fuck all that. Nigger is not nigga and I'm gonna say whatever the fuck I want to say.

Plus, I still don't understand how people can be so black and white about it. It's all about intent. If you say the shit on a regular basis and it's apart of your vocabulary, cool.

If you want to be funny and joke with your friends and say, whats up my nigga? To get a laugh, you're an idiot.

I'm just over it. I'm over white people acting like they're losing a privilege because they "can't" say it. There's not a law written in the US that says that you "cant" say nigga if you're white.

If you want to use it, cool. Don't be spiteful. Don't say it just because you "can't" and you want to tell people to fuck off.

Just be yourself and if nigga feels good coming out of your mouth, cool.

I thought that meant national indian gaming association

19. #19 lazytoker, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
    Just a fucking word. This topic has been beat to shit. I hate when people say it after every 2-3 words though... then they throw in a "know what I'm sayin" every 5 seconds. So it takes them 10 minutes to spit out a few sentences.

20. I love using the word nigga and then see someone roll their eyes about it