The Tea Party Scapegoat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Whether you hate the tea party or not you can't deny there's a feeling they are concerned about the direction this country is going. All the opponents of the tea party seem to be concerned about is what's the next best insult to use against them. Even "professional journalists" on CNN seem to act like we're in a fine direction and the tea party is everything that went wrong with America. Like, the tea party hasn't even had any power for a year yet. They still don't. The only reason they are seen as "obstructionists" is because they are unwilling to raise taxes and INCREASE the debt like Obama insisted. Obama was the real obstructionist, even more so than the Senate Democrats. Even the senate Democrats didn't vote for Obama's proposal...not one of them. :laughing:

2. #102 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The rest of it just seemed like ranting. :rolleyes: lol

Who hasn't heard of the Federal Reserve? You'd have to be ignorant as fuck and not even worth taking to about politics. Also, no one I know supported the bailouts, afaik. lol Why do you assume so much? People don't have to be stupid to have a differing opinion than you, it's just a different outlook. I mean, that's just a bunch of ad hom bullshit if I've ever seen it before.

3. #103 Verdurous, Aug 11, 2011
    To bring up family budgeting again, if you have a deficit, you can get a high paying job to solve the problem, as long as you don't spend more, cut expenditures enough to balance the budget, or both and have room to better your situation rather than just sit stagnant. Let's do the smart thing and do both.

4. Most people don't have any clue when it comes to money, banking, finance, mortgages (we know that for sure), the federal reserve, etc. If they do it's typically the "mainstream" propaganda we are getting now which led to all this trouble we are in in the first place. Continuing the same failed policies of slashing interest rates, money pumping, and malinvestment is not going to help. In fact, everything we (Congress/White House/Fed) have done over the past 3 years has made the problem even worse.

There is no way anyone can support higher taxes without first addressing the deficits (SPENDING), and failed Keynesian ideas courtesy of monetary policy at the fed and fiscal policies of the White House and Congress.

Of course I'm ranting, I'm tired of morons running our Country and then scapegoating a group who actually want to do something substantive about the problems. Tax increases on "the rich" is not a substantive solution or proven to reduce spending. It does nothing to address the root cause of the problem. Increasing the debt limit so we can borrow MORE money to pay what we already owe is reckless and "stupid" to quote Dylan Ratigan.

Remember the "stimulus" of oh I dunno, $800 BILLION? Money well spent? Who has to pay for that $800B "oooops"?

[​IMG]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p4-vPrcDBo]Obama: Shovel Ready jobs not shovel ready - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: I just reread what I wrote to which you called "ranting" - those are FACTS. I guess the truth hurts...hence all the finger pointing and scapegoating from the losers who ACTUALLY contributed to all this bullshit.

5. Didn't they teach you about the Federal Reserve and all that in school? I always considered my school's curriculum to be below par, but maybe not? :confused: Nothing is to be 'learned' on the news. The news is there to inform and give opinion, not teach. lol

6. Look at all the big spending career politicians now jumping on the band wagon.

The US government will find ways to spend any funds that they pilfer. It don't matter to them what it is spent on.

"Lockheed Corp. charged $34,560 for 54 toilet covers or $640 each."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JiRzR61yOo]Liberals Exposed: Far Left Cranks Attack Tea Party "Terrorists" - YouTube[/ame]

7. No, we'd be nazi germany.

8. #108 Verdurous, Aug 12, 2011
    I don't think Nazi Germany was a democracy. I'm pretty sure Hitler achieved dictator status and all that...

9. More or less a reference to the "one party rule" mentality..

10. Yeah, mob rule following some idiot "leader" that is nothing but bad news....hmmmm, I can't think of anything similar to that in this country. (sarcasm)

11. Bingo...

[​IMG]

12. Rich people need to pay more money! the rent is too damn high!
    :smoking:

13. #113 zpyro, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    Absolutely, because ANYBODY who wants a better paying job can just go down to the corner store and buy one :rolleyes:

Have you maybe noticed that high-paying jobs are kinda hard to come by? Hell, a job that pays AT ALL would be a boon to 10-15% of this country. Your premise of, "Oh just go get a better job!" assumes one can do so.

Let's set the stage a little more correctly....YOU ALREADY HAVE A WELL-PAYING JOB. Despite your well-paying job, you routinely waste money on useless shit, give it away to your neighbor who "borrowed" your lawnmower and threatens to break it if you don't let him keep it AND give him some more $, and you even flush it down the toilet just for the fuck of it. So the solution to this problem is to make more money...?? [​IMG]

The government takes enough of OUR money as it is. They have squandered what we've given them. They waste and defraud us all, then try to turn us against each other to keep their power. To think that in order to fix the problem of the government spending too much money, we must give them even more money, is outright illogical. It simply doesn't follow.

As far as the Tea Party being blamed for the S&P downgrade, it's like Rand Paul said, "Blaming the Tea Party for America's debt crisis and downgrade is like blaming the fireman for fires." I likened it to blaming your car's brakes for driving yourself off of a cliff, or blaming the brakes for making you drive too quickly.

If the Tea Party got what they wanted, S&P likely wouldn't have downgraded the US because, as they said themselves, the tiny little pissant fake cuts that the establishment pushed through just wasn't enough. If the Tea Party got what they wanted, there would have been some actual cuts in spending. The Tea Party got rolled, they didn't get anything they wanted, and yet somehow they're responsible? How the fuck can you be held responsible for the consequences of not getting what you wanted? 20 members of Congress now have the power to dictate what Congress does?

The downgrade is because we came to a fork in the road and were given a choice; bring the debt under control NOW, or suffer the consequences. The Tea Party said, "TURN RIGHT!" The establishment/ignorant said "TURN LEFT!" S&P said, "You fucking morons, the signs all said 'BRIDGE ON LEFT SIDE IS OUT,' but you took it anyways. You've made stupid decisions for a long time, I think it's time I said what everyone has been thinking and declare you really goddamned retarded."

14. More taxes to help alleviate the problem? Fuck that. The government can use more of my money when they prove they aren't going to fuck it up.

I just don't understand how people can possibly be this STUPID and think that the tea party is to blame for years upon years of fuck ups running this country and spending themselves silly. I mean honestly. Who kids themselves into believing that?

Its like if you're a million dollars in debt, and I give you a quarter to help you out. It didn't even make a difference, and fuck you, because I could have spent that quarter on a gum ball.

15. #115 Verdurous, Aug 13, 2011
    Your first two paragraphs are completely irrelevant because they blindly ignore the line between my analogy and real life family finance. Way to go with that.

The rest of it is, afaict, the same ol' argument. lol I have nothing to say because I'd rather not go in circles with this topic.

16. #116 Verdurous, Aug 13, 2011
    It's already the governments money. lol They have the right to take it back whenever they want. You should understand that because otherwise tax time is going to be really uncomfortable for you.

17. It's not the welfare-warfare state that led to our downgrade in the credit rating, it's those damned Americans who don't want to take out a new credit card after we maxed out our last one!

18. RP's input...

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Kuo8lb6Bg&feature=player_embedded]BREAKING: America Thanks The Tea Party! (by DC Douglas) - YouTube[/ame]

20. Righttt. If my family owed 5+ times what we made in a year, the first thing we would do when we realized we were running into a huge deficit is to go out and look for higher-paying jobs in this economy. :rolleyes:

The family metaphor doesn't help the "raise taxes" argument. If the US were a family (it's not) they would file for bankruptcy. How many families do you know who owe 5+ times what they make in a year?

Also, let's talk about the fact that getting a "high paying job to solve the problem" involves taking more money (through force or threat of force) from American taxpayers.

Let's do the smart thing and take a look at the US government's spending and stop pretending that two trillion dollars a year isn't enough.