The Tea Party Scapegoat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Aug 8, 2011.

1. #81 Verdurous, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sure they do. This thread is about the Tea Party, though. :laughing:

2. Look, more shit we can blame on the Tea Party (as long as people continue not to think for themselves):

Homeland-Security Business Still Booming Ten Years Later

Related:

http://forum.grasscity.com/politics...-know-score-%91abnormal%92-stock-profits.html

3. This thread is about the tea party receiving a disproportionate amount of blame from the establishment.

Thanks for playing.

4. [​IMG]

keep blaming, it's really worked well for the past 50 years or so.

5. It's still what the tread's about. lol :confused_2: It's not like I made it.

6. So because the thread is about scapegoating the tea party, you are now scapegoating the tea party.

[​IMG]

Can't tell if it's sarcasm or irony,,,

7. I'm not scapegoating the tea party. Last time I checked they weren't advocating this:
    I just offered up my idea on why.

8. why do people think that rich people don't pay tax?

who do y'all think pays all the taxes? Minimum wage McDonald's employees?

9. No one thinks the rich don't pay taxes afaict. Some people think they should pay more though. Personally, I think a 10% flat tax might help. I'm also pretty sure that minimum wage employees are required to pay taxes... do you think they don't? :eek:

10. It sounds like you're just regurgitating talking points. The tea party isn't sponsored by "the rich" to the extent that neocon Republicans and Democrats are, and last I checked they favor keeping our progressive income tax, and removing direct subsidies from corporations.

And why do you have to cut spending for the poor at all? Many in the tea party would cut spending from non-essential areas like bureaucratic waste and militarism.

The rich already pay enough in taxes, taxes are not the problem.

11. i think they have federal taxes withheld weekly, and get almost all of it back at the end of the year as a refund.

12. Take everything those nasty rich people have and you still won't fix the problem. In fact, you wouldn't even cover the yearly budget deficit. LOL

An easy way to teach the people about the debt ceiling deal:

1. Take the actual numbers from our government's spending.
    2. remove the last 8 zero's and pretend the results are YOUR family budget.

• Total annual income: $21,700
    • Amount of money spent: $38,200
    • Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
    • Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
    • Amount cut from the budget with recent "deal:" $385

Still heading toward bankruptcy.

13. We have a deficit, an unfathomably high national debt and plenty of other problems. Taxes are definitely part of the problem, as our entire system OBVIOUSLY isn't working at all and hasn't been for a while. To say any part of it isn't part of the problem is quite ridiculous, IMHO.

14. I'd imagine if you were working 6 months out of the year for "nothing", you'd be signing a different tune.

Out of control spending IS the problem, not taxes. Taxes should be even lower for everyone, not higher.

15. It's just as easy and realistic to say taxes are the problem. We have a problem with both an unequal retarded taxing system and extreme overspending. Both need to be solved. I'm not even sure it's realistic to believe the budget will ever be balanced before both issues are addressed.

16. If the gubment used the tax money we already gave them responsibly, and for its intended purposes, there would be no deficit.

17. It's easy and realistic to say taxes are the problem if you aren't paying any of them. I am pretty young but I've already paid in enough to Social Security to qualify for full benefits. There won't be any money there for me and I've let the Feds steal 6.2% out of every paycheck and my employers had to match that theft! Additionally they stole 1.45% for Medicare.

Neither of those programs are viable. The Feds have spent every dime of Social Security, there is a $2.5 trillion IOU sitting in a filing cabinet for all the baby boomers...

Beginning January 1st, 2011 every single day more than 10,000 Baby Boomers will reach the age of 65. That is going to keep happening every single day for the next 19 years. Where is the money they paid into Social Security? *Poof* - spent, gone...

I posted previously that the last time we had a balanced budget, reduction in national debt, and surplus was in the late 1950's under Dwight D. Eisenhower. Who, incidentally, warned us about the Military Industrial Complex. Who knew a five-star general would know what he is talking about...

All people keep bitching about is "taxes aren't high enough for 'the rich'" - to quote Al Gore from a recent rant of his, "BULLSHIT!"

The problem is too much Unconstitutional Federal Government, the Federal Reserve/Fed policies, and our Fiat Money. It's all just a giant scheme that leaves most of us holding the bag. Some politician blaming anyone or anything but that is flat out ridiculous. If any state secedes, I'm moving there.

18. Same as if you are. You just don't seem open to the idea. :laughing: I know plenty of people who have paid plenty of taxes and think there's a problem with the tax system. :rolleyes:

19. #99 Limecat, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011

If they think that giving more money to this government will solve anything, they are part of the problem as to why we have never ending warfare and welfare.

I doubt any of them have even heard of the Federal Reserve or Fractional Reserve Banking. I wonder how many of them were cheerleading the bailouts and "stimulus"?

Edit: Awesome that that was the only sentence worthy of a reply... :rolleyes:

20. [​IMG]

:confused: