The Super Hermits

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Praetorian, Sep 20, 2018.

1. #1 Praetorian, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    :smoking-hookah:

Lately I've had this idea about people among us, who may have figured out much higher levels of existence than the average Joe.

I conceptualize someone who is both, very intelligent, and has figured out how to free him or herself from mainstream society's constraints.
    They have no boss, no shortage of money, are free at all time to do whatever they want, and most importantly, they are actually genius. A high level mind, free to do whatever it wants.

What is that life like? What do they do every day?

• Like Like x 2
  2. To be honest it’s fun for awhile but after that I figured out everyone else is at work all day so I get bored.

Besides that, there’s not many that can help me solve my math problems. There’s only a few of us out there.

67011DFB-E4F4-4E21-87FC-39AE5F0B3561.jpeg

J

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Was it Tim Leary or the Beatles who said "take a trip but never leave your room" paraphrasing here from the 60's... i would bet there are many more than you would think.... artists of all types, spiritual types, inventors... a lot of mountain people hidden away...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Isn't that a recipe for rustic bread?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Give me a ton of money and ill let ya know

• Like Like x 4
  6. #7 Praetorian, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    We're obviously familiar with the known genii, like Elon Musk or Stephen Hawking, for example.

We know what those people are doing with their time. We're "keeping tabs" on what they're doing publicly, but that's because we know those people, as they have decided to live public lives.

I've been wondering about the more reclusive types. The ones who do not have to cater to shareholders or other professors/scientists, but are still free and able to do whatever they want, for extended periods of time.

I wonder what rabbit holes they got to explore in their personal lives.

[​IMG]

The reason I care, is because I realize that these types would be more likely to access some really strange and non-mainstream points of view. Points of view, that they then get to entertain further.

As Elon Musk recently proved, the high mainstream figures still have lords they need to appeal to, meaning they can only act-in and release statements that cater to the mainstream approved status quo of opinion.

The Super Hermits have no such restrictions.
    What do they do with their time, and what conclusions and discovers have they reached?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Lockheed hires all the savants, prolly why we never see what those types can do, they are around other suns and have cloaking

• Like Like x 3
  8. I like that phrase. It encompasses what I've been talking about.

9. The problem is you’d never know - unless they went public.

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Closer than you think? ;)

11. Money is not needed to do this, like that guy who traveled the world with no money, working for a bed and food wherever he went and was happy. I have done this but it's a very hard lifestyle to continue, because constantly people and societal pressures are combating you, trying to get you to conform, get in line, and do what the herd does. It can be very lonely and finding like minded people who are awake can be tough

you always have interesting threads man

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I had an uncle.
    He was a genius. Nuclear physics. Worked for the federal government. All top secret stuff.
    He had money to do what he wanted when he wanted.
    Loved fly fishing, upland bird hunting, all the outdoors.
    Married with 2 wonderful, smart daughters. Owned properties in several states.
    Passed away at 56 years old. 15 years ago. Congenital heart disorders. Just a regular guy that I miss very much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. Super hermits are the neckbeards of thier times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. You mean neckbeards who eventually grew into super hermits and thus entered their real time.

No one is "in their time" while they're a neckbeard :smoke:

If anything, neckbeardism is the cocoon to the next, more perfect form the person will take.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I know a couple people that might throw a monkey wrench in that theory.
    R/ justneckbeardthings is a pretty funny subreddit acually.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Neckbeard, I've never heard that term before.
    I had to look it up.
    Neckbeard (slang) - Wikipedia

My kid is a neckbeard.
    Don't really know if I'm sad or not....

17. Just like every human, it catches up with and eats away at you until it’s numb and normalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  18. Take a trip and never leave the farm.

19. I don't know, and I can't answer you, but I'm really curious about this topic too.

Can you imagine having no-one around on your wavelength? No one to share your deepest thoughts with, in a way that they can pick that ball up and throw it around with you? That people mock you for what you know is true, or wise, or perceptive, that some of them even hate you for it?
    This loneliness, coupled with mockery or not, can cause disdain, I think. One feels separated from the rest, desperately wanting to be part of the tribe, but knowing that no one in that tribe is like you, because they can't be, by chance of genetics.

I think they want to contribute to humanity, but at the same time maybe don't see the point in doing so. Can you imagine some medicinal genius recluse finding the cure for cancer, just for the challenge, and then discarding any involvement (what a headache, all the journalists, corporations, governments, scientists, ugh) in it, in favor of some other pet-project of a magnitude we can't fathom?
    I can't claim to know Elon Musk, for instance, but he seems disdainful of the common pleb, and more interested in his ideas and achievements for their own sake. Marketing them is his own challenge, maybe, to see if he can play the corporate game and beat that too. I don't know.
    ----

Then again, these recluse geniuses might not be interested in such high-brow things at all.

One of our subcontractors is this programming sorcerer who's fucking bad ass at a tabletop wargame we play at our company, which is a game played on many levels, involving statistics, game theory, psychology and knowledge of an options-tree with exponential possible strategies.
    He is always three steps ahead of me. He's a master of that damn game, and enjoys his free time. Doesn't like people, likes to be alone, and each time he plays he asks some questions about his enemy's army, and comes ready to fucking rumble. Which he does in beautifully magnificent ways that are tailor-made to each of our individual weaknesses. The Jon Jones of this game. I asked him to analyze my play style for me after defeat 3 or 4, and he broke it down in detail that I couldn't do myself. He spends a lot of time off. He's turned down extremely lucrative offers from us, because he 'doesn't wanna work for a little while'.

Maybe he's one of those recluse savants, and spends all his time analyzing and mastering wargame rules. Maybe these recluse geniuses find some topic that has enough complexity to keep their minds entertained, and then go deep on that. I dunno man but I'm really fascinated by intelligence on the whole

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1