The Suggest a Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Led Zepp, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Well I watch a lot of movies and I am running out of titles.

Please people, share some interesting movies you have seen, maybe I will find some I have never seen among your posts. Can be anything, Action, Comedy, Sci-fi, etcetc

I'll go first..

Just watched this movie today, I have to say it was the best movie I've seen in a year or more. very interesting and had me on edge for most of the film..

[​IMG]

2. I suggest Ocean's Eleven

also I can't see what movie you're referring to, if you watch a lot of em, and say this was the best in a while, I must know what you are talking about.

3. Waking Life.

Seriously, it has to be seen by everyone.

4. sorry bro, the movie i posted was Unknown. Tis' relatively new.

Oceans Eleven and walking life, I will check them both out, thanks alot, +rep for u both

5. trainspotting, leon the professional, altered states, dr. strangelove, chinatown, blow, full metal jacket, the prestige, spirited away, and lots more that i'm too high to remember

6. #6 misha_val, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    Here we go...

In no particular order:
    Fight Club
    Donnie Brasco
    Goodfellas
    Blow
    Rerservoir Dogs
    One Flew The Cukoo's Nest
    Shawshank Redemption
    Green Mile
    Shaun Of The Dead
    Life of Brian
    28 Days Later
    American Beauty
    Donnie Darko
    Dazed and Confuzed
    Requium for A Dream
    Silence of the Lambs
    The Usual Suspects
    Mememto
    American History X
    The Departed
    A Clockwork Orange
    Gran Torino
    Sin City
    Black Swan
    The Big Lebowski
    No Country for Old Men
    In Bruges

7. Thank you very much for the rep kind person, and I will definitely check out the knowing :wave:

8. thanks for the rep Led Zepp. if you actually get around to watching Waking Life you should update me. i've been thanked multiple times by people who have not seen it and i have referenced it to them.

9. And now for something comply different

10. It would be better if this was in the movies section ma :)

i recommend......Elephant man.

And misha -val, i'v seen each and every movies on that list, all good movies indeed.

11. Children of Men
    Trainspotting
    Shaun of the Dead

12. Clockwork Orange is awesome

13. If you want your mind to get Fucked watch pink floyds the wall

14. If you really want to get mind fucked watched, eraserhead.

15. IP Man 2. fucking badass im gonna go train and be the best

16. I'm going to recommend movies no one else will

Attack the Block

-from the director of Scott Pilgrim and Shaun of the Dead...An alien invasion movie about a British gang fighting aliens. It is a cheap movie but it is really stylish and a pretty solid sci-fi/action movie with some pretty funny moments.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUFaLAMojfA]Attack The Block Official Trailer 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

The Mystery Team

-Brought to you by the comic geniuses of Derrick comedy if you like their sketches you will love this movie. This movie is about a group of 'kid' detectives who are given an actual crime to solve.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLONhcF5Jc]Mystery Team (Now Available on DVD) Red Band Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I'll come up with more later

17. If you are a person who loves film making i would say watch departures. It a japanese film about a man who is a orchestra that is dissolved so he goes back to his home town to find a job thinks he finds one at a traveling agency but then discovers the job is preparing the dead for the afterlife.

18. Obviously I would recommend Dr Strangelove.

However, there is an excellent action film staring Charlie Sheen that is very under-rated. It's called Terminal Velocity. Some terrific action sequences in that film and very entertaining over-all.

19. The Next Three Days. Honestly, im not a fan of movies, especiay more recently made ones, but this one had me hooked. Watch that shit

20. #20 frogg123, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    Biutiful

It's a spanish film (english subtitles) with Javier Bardem. one of the saddest films I ever watched, but absolutely amazing, Javier Bardem was on top form. Definitely my favorite film of 2010.

EDIT: Trailer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_OrqZQV8p8[/ame]