The Spirit of Giving

Discussion in 'General' started by hotsauc3, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Well it's that time of year again, no money, lots of spending, and even more inflation. I was taking a stroll downtown and passed the homeless shelter. The amount of freezing homeless people I saw stopped me in my tracks. The amount of people pretending they weren't there killed me. A very elderly man said merry Christmas to me and told him I'd be right back, he didn't believe me.So I grabbed us two coffees, and slipped him my last crisp 20 and it was totally worth it. We didn't say much but it was a good cup of coffee, and he meant every word of thanks with the weight of his life. I got home and fucken bawled, it's easy to forget people are dying needlessly on our street. After work I'm gonna go down to the plaza of nations and give what I can. I encourage any Vancouver blades to do the same!
    Let's here how you're giving, it's times like these we have to be the kindest.:smoke:

Peace on earth[​IMG]

Oh yeah, I'd like to see any head of state visit a homeless shelter and watch them have a mental breakdown.

2. you did a good thing +rep

my cousins grandfather owns a bakery and at the end of the day me and my cousin used to take what wasn't sold that day to the homeless shelter
    everyone there was really nice, haven't done it in a few years though

3. ive done the same thing, living in vancouver and all. its a great feeling.

even if all you can spare is 2$, they always appreciate huge. most of the people youll meet would love to just chat and have a casual smoke for a bit.

i like to get slices of 1$ pizza to hand out hahaha, nothing cures that hunger more.