The Spidermite End All

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by S.F. Sage, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Saw 2 days ago I had spidermites...fuck right... looked up how to get rid of them. All the ideas were cool but nothing was an end all. So I started doing some research and found Pyrethrin and this is the route I went. Here is some info that was important to me. Where it comes from, how long it lasts, and how good of a job does it do.

Pyrethrin
    source wikipedia

The pyrethrins are a pair of natural organic compounds that have potent insecticidal activity. Pyrethrin I and pyrethrin II are structurally related esters with a cyclopropane core.[1][2] They differ by the oxidation state of one carbon. They are viscous liquids that oxidize to become inactivated. They are non-persistent, being biodegradable, and break down on exposure to light or oxygen. The chemical structure of pyrethrins is the basis for a variety of synthetic insecticides called pyrethroids such as bifenthrin, permethrin and cypermethrin.
    The pyrethrins are contained in the seed cases of the perennial plant pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium), which is grown commercially to supply the insecticide. Although extracts of the plant were already used as insecticide, the structure was first published by Hermann Staudinger and Lavoslav Ružička in 1924.[3] Pyrethrins are neurotoxins that attack the nervous systems of all insects. When present in amounts not fatal to insects, they still appear to have an insect repellent effect. Pyrethrins are gradually replacing organophosphates and organochlorides as the pesticide of first choice.

Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry- all six of the pyrethrins and many of the pyrethroids are broken down or degraded rapidly by sunlight or other compounds found in the atmosphere. Often, they last only 1 or 2 days before being degraded.

So I went to home depot and picked up two type of killers

Hot Shot Bedbug and Flea Killer Spray
    Hot Shot Bedbug and Flea Killer Fogger

I went in the room for the past 2 days and sprayed into the fans path and let it spray all over the room and plants but try not to get it directly on there let it mist on them.

This has killed no joke 80%-90% of the mites i had

Now today I will be bombing with the fogger and will keep ya'll updated.

I figure bed bugs and fleas...you can use this in your home...it goes away and doesn't stay on my weed...sold!!!

p.s. i'm still vegging about to switch to flower.

2. oh yeah and i will be bombing my whole house not just the room cause on the instructions it says "can do 4,000 sq ft." my house is only 2,000 lol:smoke: