The Speeding Ticket Thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Bouldorado, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Lambo obviously haha.

Honestly I don't think any car can go that fast in 1st :confused:
    Maybe he mistyped or something. If not we demand pics of your ride! :wave:

2. Haven't gotten a ticket yet! But some of you guys I don't understand, if you have a car where your able to drive at 100mph+ and you see a cop whip around or something why don't you just juice it and get away? Granted your a better driver and have a faster car then the cops but that would just be my instinct lol.

3. and what if you can't outrun the cop?

4. Dude cop cars are pretty damn fast. they top out at well over 100. They're chipped.

And yeah, if you can't outrun the cop, you are basically going to jail for a long ass time.

5. When I remember right, outrunning the cops is not illegal over here, because something with our rights and trying to preserve our freedom (breaking out of jail = no extra jailtime as long as you dont kill someone etc.)

A buddy of mine drove the drift taxi on the nurburgring a few months back and the dude driving the m5 was a cop :/ sad news :D

6. Don't like talking about my whip much on here but its a Camaro RS... picture may or may not be located in my avatar!

Camaro RS, there's a pic in my avatar! I was already in second as I got pulled over, but when he radared me I was just paddle shifting into 2nd gear!

7. Crown Victoria interceptors, the ones the police use, have a top speed of over 200 km/h

8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

the evo does look pretty badass, those are some of what they use here in UK btw..

9. Had a close one yesterday....

On the freeway going around 80 (speed limit 70) and a BMW goes by the the left lane going between 85-90 so I start following him. Up ahead there was someone going slow in the left land so we both went around the slow person in the middle lane. While as I'm passing this slow person I look in my mirror and see a motorcycle a little back and just think hmm. Pass the slow person and switch back into the left lane an start going almost 90 again and look in my mirror and sure enough it is a Michigan State Trooper. I slow down to about 78 and he just rides my ass but it had to be obvious we were going much faster. Then finally as I passed the car in the middle lane I moved over and he flew on by. Probably went after the BMW because the guy just kept on haulin ass after I slowed down. Still wonder where the hell the cop came from, he might of been sitting in the median and I didn't see him but I never got hit with the radar....

10. OMG I'm gonna become a cop in the UK.

Though I heard pretty soon here in the states they are gonna replace all the cop cars with the new Ford Taurus that's gonna be turbo'd.

11. i can sit here for an hour listing all the cop cars i've seen from moving around an traveling...

just to name a few i've seen
    corvette
    camaro
    mustang
    crown vic
    charger
    ford f150
    ford explorer (k9 units)
    lambo (italy vacation)
    evo
    impreza
    Schwinn (little bike cop joke for ya)

12. Damn , wouldnt want those cops

13. I call BS first time offence would not be 3 years

14. 28 in a 25

i'm not much of a badass....

15. #35 vapinallday, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I said this was my first speeding ticket....my record wasn't what you would call clean, at the time I was on paroll

16. 1 speeding ticket

got my first and only ticket...exactly 1 year ago today lol..was going to work (the one fucking time I wasnt intentionally speeding) was on a limited access HWY 55MPH speed limit (everyone does 60-65)....I was in the left lane, with about a gap of 200yrds infront of me...was coming up on an overpass....saw people's brake lights...hit the brakes, but it was too late....state trooper (highway enforcement in my state) hidden behind a guard rail....man I was pissed but so happy cuz I was smoking a j as I was being pulled over, put it out, lit up a cig, and left it sitting in my ash tray lol...cop came up gave me my ticket and I was on my way...

72 in a 55.....only had to pay court fees, cop was nice, I was speeding..he catches people speeding...oh well

17. #37 Fëanor, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    Hard to remember. A couple times I've got tickets for going 90mph on the freeway. One time it was a 50mph construction zone and I was oblivious because there were no cones or workers on a 3-lane freeway with no traffic. $800 to the State of CA, that hurt. Another time it was a similar freeway, wide open. I thought the speed limit was 75 but it turned out to be 60 at that stretch. Oops. Much cheaper ticket at around only $150. I think there's another speeding ticket in there but can't really remember.

Because I have a brain and risking my life, my car, my finances, etc. is not worth it to get out of a stupid traffic ticket.

It really is not hard to accept responsibility for my actions and pay for a simple speeding ticket.

If there was more on the line when getting pulled over (Pulp Fiction backseat and rear windshield, for example) then it might be worth running. But it is seriously not worth it to run from a stupid little speeding ticket.

18. honestly those are the ones you want if you had to get into a police chase. think about it... how do cops in america stop you during a police chase? they nudge the rear of your car on the side trough your car sideways.

the cops in the lambo wouldn't do that because the repairs for that would cost more than you're worth.

19. #39 Husky42, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    Most of yall are weak..

76 in a 35.. 2nd fastest in the entire police officers career. I was supposed to go to jail and my car impounded but dude was hella nice and gave me a ticket, i then argued that shit in court because I was passing somebody, I said because my car is a turbo sometimes i mis judge when it will kick in and i stepped on it to get around a car on a 2 lane road that was going 10 under at the time, which was kinda true...though i was just hauling.. ticket cut in 1/2.

20. so did they buy your lame excuse?