The Sound of Music

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Engel Des Todes, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I nearly made it through a whole 10 minutes but then the abstinence obsessed teenagers busted into a song about... being 16 or something. The guy was almost higher pitched then the girl.

2. My parents took me to that picture when it came out. I once got a friend to admit that while watching it as a kid, like myself, he was hoping that the Germans capture the singing Von Trapp family. Mad Magazine parodied it in 1967, renaming it The Sound of Money. :cool:

3. As a child I enjoyed The Sound of Music, but watching it again (older and wiser, well maybe just older) I can't help but be repulsed that this movie was so popular.

The music is halfway decent, the acting is questionable at times and the plot is somewhat degrading to the Nazis.

I was hoping they would make The Sound of Music II: Off to Auschwitz

4. That's one musical I could never sit through and watch.

Juyst can't do it.

5. lol I watched that movie last night...no joke. The music is more than halfway decent, its timeless, the harmonies on "Sound of Music" when the kids sing it are some of the best ever recoreded, and the puppet show song has some intracite vocals as well. The oldest girl is hot and has an angelic voice. That movie is too long for most stoners, I fell asleep during it not gonna lie. but im gonna finish it tonight :smoking: