The Smell Of Ganja - After Harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by smokey-, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I want to start a thread on the smell of ganja after harvest, you might of guessed by the title....

Anyway Ive done a few grows now and can say I've done quite well. All grows have been good yields and of good stock from all female clones, I've used the best equipment and took all the advice grasscity has to offer. All grows have had their own unique smell to which strain they are but after I've dried them they never really STINK!!!! They are full of crystals and get you bombed out, just no smell!!! They have a slight hint but mostly just a homegrown smell , until...... You break the bud and there it is, the smell I want!!!!

I hang dry for 5-7 days until the outside is crispy but still really sticky in the middle, the stems don't snap, they are firm but don't break. After this I take them off stems and put into air tight jars. I constantly burp for 2 maybe even 3 weeks (every day for first week) until they're dry. But alas no BIG BAD ganja smell that says fuck you pigs come and get me!!!! Lol ;) unless I break bud and have a sniff..... Bummer!

I'm now on a quest to find the ultimate drying method! I mean I get weed from friends who get it from wherever and it stinks!!! I can smell it outside in the street when really it's in the house in the bag. People will say it's the strain but I've just finished blue cheese and it stunk while growing and I dried it really slow (method above) and yet it doesn't stink like it did unless I break the bud!!

Any feedback or examples/methods/experiences you'd like to share please post em here and make the future greener and smell a whole lot stronger! A lot of people must waste Months of growing by fucking up right at the end. Please ak and I shall provide pics.

Peace

2. I actually came here to make this exact topic, good thing I browsed first.

Im having the same problem you are, my plants smell crazy while growing but retain more a planty smell when dry. Hopefully someone knows why !

3. hey , you need to dry until the stems snap matey, then put them into jars for curing ;) although i am surprised with the blue cheese as i recently just finished some and the taste and smell ,quick-dried, was amazing, unlike most bud which takes at least 3-4 weeks for smell and flavour to develop properly, the starches in bud slowly turns into sugars and the taste/flavour/smell increases whilst the chlorophyll and thc slowly degrades the latter degrading into cbd i think, hope this goes some way to helping :wave:

4. Im right with ya man, ive got 3 ak48's and 2 swiss cheese hang drying in my room. All regular outdoor stuff, they smell great when ya play with them, not super stinky though!!! There not done yet, only about 5 days in. I want to cure them perfectly so im on the same mission you are dood.

Attached Files: