The Silent Stoner

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Nztruetoker, May 7, 2010.

1. Mostly everytime I get stoned around people and with my mates, I go silent, hesitant on what to say. I can go through a 3 hour sesh not saying a word. So I come off as an anti social person, which is NOT what I am sober (or drunk), I talk alot, make jokes and have a good time. Why is sweet mary jane doing this to me? :(

2. you're probably lost in your own thoughts. I rarely pay full attention to other people when I'm high, unless its a topic that Im interested in or some funny shit happens.

Do you not pay attention to what they say? or just not have anything to input?

3. i think its better to just stay silent i would call you a "mature stoner"

4. Nothing to input to the conversations, when if I was sober I would. Strange but true

5. sometimes the wisest man is the one of little words. dont be anxious with the silence, you dont need to fill the void that it is. just enjoy every passing moment from sound to sound and you will never be anxious again.

take life a breath at a time my friend.

6. yeah i used to be like this a little bit too but id have my moments and i really like to just chill out when i smoke listen to tunes and to what crazy shit my friends have to say

I would be the guy just sitting around listening to everything said and then throw out a one liner about something every now and then

There is nothing wrong with it and it just might be with the people certain friends I do more listening where as some friends i do a lot of the talking

7. you arent alone. sometimes when i smoke i become so anti social. i feel that when i talk i wont be able to shut up, or no one cares what i have to say, or i will say something stupid or something like that. I found that it's just how you look at the situation, you have to make yourself want to be social. its really hard

8. when a kid's sitting there not saying a word it kind of freaks me out.... but be who you are man, if you want to be quiet, be quiet.

just not so quiet they forget about you and skip you in the rotation:eek:

9. My friend used to get like this when he started smoking. he would just sit there smoking and if someone said something to him most of the time he would just look at you and give you a nod or something as if he is silent bob or something haha

10. He who says least, says the most. I can't think of any fucking proverb to go along with it.

11. i used to think like this but man theres no need. Just chill out and tell some stories and jokes i mean cmon whats honestly the worst that can happen if you say something lame / something that makes you look like an idiot, if the people you are chilling with actually like you and are you friends they'll accept you and like you no matter what kind of shit you say ( to some extent, dont get ridicious now, lol)

and also the fact that you are examining yourself and want to not be silent wont work with you lol OP do you have OCD or something ,get into the i dont give a fuck attitude and if your friends dont like you for you doing you then they aint friends / find chiller people to bun with trust me on this one

12. i get really quiet and thoughtful when im blazed around people i dont know, but if im with homies im not to quiet

13. I used to get quiet too but now I can never stop talking which I think annoys people so I just smoke alone now so I can do whatever the hell I want high

14. you become more introverted and you also think more about things instead of blurting them out. its nothing bad man, it just shows that you think about your words before you spit them out, which is in fact a good thing. give it time and learn to be a bit more comfortable, its just conversation lol, go ahead and speak. if it starts bothering you and you need someone to talk to, pm me or something :)

15. are you afraid of what othe rpeople might think about what you say/think?

i know that was my problem i used to always be like oh shit..what would they say if i said this..or that..

but in reality lifes up to you and you should do what you want when you want, other people are just there to give u props :)

16. only talk if you want to man. if you force shit outa your mouth when you're high, you're just gonna talk shit lol. the reason why you're not inputting anything is because you have nothing to input so don't just make shit up to make noise, i prefer to be around quiet stoners than obnoxious loud or reckless dickheads anyway. i wouldnt consider being a quiet stoner a bad thing at all as long as you're enjoying yourself, that's all that matters.

17. Just be yourself homeboy, whether that is being an extrovert or an introvert. It is easier said than done but once you become truly comfortable with who you are, you will find that your interactions with your friends & your environment will be nice and smooth. Just my $0.02.

18. I have same exact problem as OP says and thank you so much that is gonna help me alot.

19. when i am around people i dont know i get the same way when im high, in fact tons of people do, usually when people are high they understand or just dont care because they are blazed

20. if your afraid of what your friends will react to what you say..

just say it... easy as that

once you get over this issue its a thing in the pasttt