The Sherriff Said No

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by maineman, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ...and so did the Forest Ranger, and the Game Warden, and some fucking good samaritan.
    Why? Because I wanted to cross a fucking bridge that was a tidy bit flooded. I told the sherriff that I went through more water without the privelege of a bridge. That's right I drove over a beaver dam, but that's another story. Then the forest ranger/ wannabe structural engineer says that the bridge is currently under great paralell load from the raging river and it's not safe to pass right now. I'm starting to get pissed because it was late in the day, I had been moving apartment all day, and I had already gone through the water 8 times that day and this was my lask pick-up load. I told them that except the part about being pissed. They told me that I had to turn back. Did I mention that my new apartment was about 1/2 mile passed said bridge? So I had to turn around as the Game Warden proceded to grab the road flooded sign from the side of the road. He walked to the middle and assumed the official law enforcement "Halt Stop" position, which from the proper angle looks like they are taking a mean shit. So I finished my 7 point turn. (Fucking people parked their cars all around to watch the river) I then stopped at a local gas station, rolled up a huge joint and continued on for my 40 mile reroute. Suddenly I didn't care anymore.

2. Build your own bridge.

3. Go oregon trail on that bitch

4. Nice story. Authorities can be a pain in the arse sometimes, they just have a job to do and can't really take into consideration the inconvenience.

Glad to hear it all turned out good when you got to the gas station. ;)

You drove over a beaver dam? I can see the poor little bastards' faces now, when they saw you hurtling towards their pride and joy.

5. Should have just passed them and crossed. What are they going to do? Send you to timeout for not listening even though you crossed it all fine and dandy?

6. I don't see the problem.

7. Cops have orders to man be pissed at the city not the boys in blue

8. Definately gotta ferry that bitch

9. lol how the hell does the river cut down your trip by 98.75%. You must have some weird ass road configurations in your town if that's the only way you can get there :eek:

10. I had to cross tracks but lights were broken and cop said no so i built a raft.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So8E8ON2h_g]YouTube - Minnesota Bridge Collapse (SP Edition of American Morning)[/ame]