The semi OFFICIAL Final Fantasy thread! :D

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Captainbasch420, Jul 27, 2011.

1. i searched the forum, and saw that there wasnt an FF thread, so im making one.
    Discussion of the Final Fanasy series(old, new, spin offs, etc.)

which games have you played/beaten?
    which are your favorites?
    DISCUSS IT AL! :D

ive played 1, 2, 3(DS version), 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, and then several of the various spin offs which for the life of me, i cannot remember their names.
    and ive beaten 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, and 12.
    my favorites are prolly 1, 3, 7, and 12.
    :p

2. Ive only played 13, and could only get like 4 hours in before i was bored of running in a straight line

3. i havent played 13, but from the gameplay videos ive seen, it doesnt look too great, it doesnt really do much justice to the final fantasy name.
    now FF Versus 13..... from the released gameplay videos ive seen, this game looks like it will do immeasurable amounts of justice :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkZvdT3QS4k"]‪Final Fantasy Versus XIII: Official HD Gameplay Trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

4. 12 and 10 are my two favorites. the secret bosses and marks in 12 are fucking unreal.

5. i've played 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, dissidia, dissidia duodecim, tactics, dirge of cerberus, and crisis core. and i have advent children complete lol. and i'm also going to distant worlds tonight, FF music played by the vancouver symphony orchestra.
    lol i'm a bit of a fan.

6. #6 Captainbasch420, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Lol man you lucky bastard, i wish i could go.
    How is duodecim? I had the first dissidia when i had a psp and that one was amazing imo.
    (side note since i forgot to put it in the op, but crisis core was amazing, it was the only reason i got a psp in the first place. Lol)

7. VIII was one of the more memorable journeys as a gamer, I have taken

XIII developers have a space reserved in the lowest circle of game hell.

That is all...

8. ff8 ftw, also played 7, 9, 10, and 10 - 2

good times

9. it's awesome, i like the new characters. i don't like most magic users, but i thought yuna was pretty cool with her summons. and ya crisis core was sick, i can't wait for ageto or whatever it's being called now.

10. Beaten (american titles): 1, 2, 3, mystic quest, legend, 7, 8, 9, 10, tactics, tactics advanced, Crystal Chronicles, and 3 for DS.
    Played (not beaten): 4, 5, 10-2, 11, 12, 13, 14 (beta tested)
    Favorites: 8, 10, tactics
    Least favorites: 10-2, mystic quest, 9

11. Played (and beaten) 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 crisis core doc
    played (not beaten) 13 10-2 crystal chronicles
    worst 12 13 10-2 7 (people disagree with me but I thought 7 was shit) doc
    best 8, 9 (had a charm that I can't explain), 10, crisis core

12. FF9 is the best final fantasy ive ever played. Enough to make me play it over and over again. Downloaded it onto my ps3 and im doing yet another replay.

FF11 (online) was also fun as fuck. At least it was on my server, pretty chill ass community and you're playing with real people. Most fun i ever had playing an MMO.

FF10 was also pretty dope.

13. I really enjoyed 7 and 9 but 8 not so much, never finished 10 or 12... 13 sucked but I finished it... Don`t know why.

14. Ive beaten all of them from 4(jp, 2us) onward not including the retarded crystal chronicles ones for the Wii. and I got halfway through the 3rd one on my gameboy before putting it down for a few months, and when i went back to it couldnt remember where to go and had no way to figure it out. lol.

as for favs: 6us/3jp is def. the best FF, followed by FF:Tactics and 7, then I would put 8,9,10,4, crisis core on the next tier, then all the other ones.

FF11 though is special and not on the console FF list as I've put more hours into that game than any other game I've ever played, and easily more than any other RPG I've played combined. I have many great memories of FF11.

As for FF concerts I've been to 4 of em, most recently the two show double header in chicago which was amazing btw(both of the shows). I'm always disappointed that they never play the ending medley from 6 though >< it's my favorite piece from any game. I would also Kill to hear the piano soloist that was at the chicago concert play Via Purifico, which is my favorite piano piece from any game.

in the end though Chrono Trigger is the best rpg ever.

15. I think it would almost be safe to say that Squaresoft made the best RPGs during the 90's and early 00's before they teamed with Enix. Now they make garbage. :(

16. [quote name='Mairuzu']FF9 is the best final fantasy ive ever played. Enough to make me play it over and over again. Downloaded it onto my ps3 and im doing yet another replay.QUOTE]

Absustolutely. l just did exactly this. Finished up on the PS3 just a few days ago. Amazing just like every time l play it.

17. I've beaten 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, some 11, and x-2. My favorite have to be 4, 9, and 10. I think I've played through 9 about 10 times. The story is awesome.

18. I've finished 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, and 12.

Didn't bother beating 13. Got to the great plains or w/e and found out that's really the only free roam in the entire game, and quit. A lot of wasted time.

Just got 6, and thinking about getting 4, but it'll take me a little while to get myself to play the old-school type FF's.

Oh, and lets keep this thread alive! FF games are EPIC.

19. #19 Captainbasch420, Aug 3, 2011
    Can you play on private servers without a paid account? That was the one thing i didnt play ff11 for, i didnt wannabpay every month for something i wont be doing everyday.

20. #20 Captainbasch420, Aug 3, 2011
    I started with the old school ones.
    I never really got into final fantasy at a young age, i was more into sonic the hedgehog and action games.
    But as i got older, i was in the store looking for a gba game i should get, and saw ff4 advance, and i was like "that looks good."
    Best decision of my life. Period.
    From there, i went to ff 1 an 2 dawn of souls, then i went to ff 3 on the ds, then ff 5 advance. And for a while i had tried to find ff 7 for psone, but i could only get it in iso form, so i played it on my computer, but my computer died, so i only got to the end of the first disc, and i got about halfway through the first disc of 8. Then i eventually got a psp, and when they released ff7 on the psn, i jumped on it like a dragoon.
    Sadly i dont have a psp anymore, otherwise, id get ff8 and ff9.
    Then i borrowed 10 from a cousin, and enjoyed it, not as much as the others, it lacked the sense of adventure the other final fantasies have.
    Then i got 12, and it blew my mind, i know most people dont like it for whatever reasons, but thats one of the greatest ps2 games ever. It was different, but in a familiar way.
    And these are just the main games, not the spin off titles. Lol.

Basicly what this explanation of my final fantasy history means is: the old school ones opened a door for me, a door that is permanently propped open, in my heart.