The richest one per cent of Americans earn nearly a quarter of the country's income

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BuddhistStoner, Aug 3, 2011.

1. elaborate please

2. I love the fact that it would bring some black market funds to be taxes. However, if i make 50k a year and you make 500k a year... I whole shitload more percentage of my income is going towards living expenses. Even with your lavish lifestyle making 10 times as much, it is still not even close. A flat tax really beats on the poor and middle class.

3. yeah that.

the corporate tax rate is different than personal income tax..

so his corp paid 15% tax.. plus as schmidty797 said, he then payed personally, and all of his employers paid in.. plus payroll taxes, fica, futa, etc..

how much more tax do y'all want?

4. Baseless generalizations. Please show the statistical proof of how many wealthy people became wealthy by working hard vs screwing other over.

you're taking your own personal experiences and assuming that its a reflection of society as a whole. I too have worked as a single guy with no kids earning in the 50k-80k range... for 9 years. I can honestly say that I saw very little (if any) examples of people getting where they are or advancing because they were "total piece of shit liars". Everyone I worked with was smart as hell, worked hard, and was rewarded well for their efforts, they were also punished accordingly if they did anything shitty.

Again, with the "all corporatism and wealthy are evil" generalizations.

Look, I agree that MANY of the wealthy got where they are by gaming the system or pullin one over on someone. But if you really think that all corporations and the people that work for them are evil, then I really don't know what else to say.

5. you're assuming that all rich take what's left over after their taxes and put it torwards a lavish lifestyle. I know many people that are "rich" who live like the middle class (not lavishly) and use their "excess" wealth to do good things like pay for their child's education, start/contribute to charities, etc.

The real problem is what we have decided as a society is a standard of living. The poor & middle class see all the stuff like flat screen TVs, nice cars, nice houses, etc as necessary to live a good life. So if they don't earn enough to have all the nice things they cry because someone else has them and they don't think its fair. Cry all ya want, or go do whatever it takes to earn what you think is a comfortable standard of living. But don't force someone to give up some of their wealth because they have what you don't.

6. So you do agree that the flat tax isn't a fair tax, right?

7. Hmm, so the wealthy would just get up and leave, move their income?
    Evade taxes?
    Lie to hide taxable income?
    Sounds like what we already have...laws exist to stop/prevent such, but rarely enforced on those with millions/billions being hidden. Fix the taxes, and fix the disparity in tax law enforcement maybe?

They lied and cheat to win, FUCK that ideal..."if the truth won't do, then something is wrong" is Granny Storm Crow's granddads quote, holds true for this subject.

8. Oh yes the "go getters" who get most of there money from inheritance, ripping off people and exploiting workers whilist only donating something like .004 percent of there income to charity.

9. GE didn't pay any tax. The CEO, Jeffery Imelt, Obama's job czar, not only didn't pay any corporate taxes, he sent 25,000 jobs over to China. I think you're misdirected.

10. Agreed, if being a 'go getter' was all it took, I'd be shitting in a golden toilet and wiping my ass with $100 bills every morning....I just refuse to lie, cheat, steal, kill people, to make a fucking buck to live on.

11. I didnt say ALL. I said MOST.

And u are basically saying the same thing I am. Sure there are a few people here and there that are hard workers and earned their way. In 9 out of 10 cases I think its more of being in the right place at the right time, knowing the right people (relatives), or just being willing to do what others wont (usually involves being a piece of shit with no morals).

All I can say is look at wall street. Its a perfect example of what I am talking about.

12. U better change yer ways buddy, or yer gonna be broke the rest of yer life. :D

13. I also think its funny when people act like the rich are just gonna up and leave the USA. Do u guys realize HOW much fucking money there is to be made here!?!?!?

Let them leave. Someone will replace them in NO time.

14. I've worked for a few wealthy people. Some were stingy and some were very generous. After a while I learned it pays to work for wealthy generous people. Perhaps some of you need to improve your skills so you can work for generous wealthy people who demand excellence.

15. exactly thats why they leave, then run there corporation from the comfort of the mansion they bought in south america/dubai

u do know telephones have been around for awhile...?

also email.

16. Maybe u shouldnt assume we all have the same opportunities as u...

Just sayin...

17. #57 Stigma, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    Let em leave. For everyone that leaves there will be others that stay. Let the market decide.

Example:
    I sell tools for a living (have for 12 years) the name brand Channelock is a name brand for pliers and small hand tools . U have probably heard of em..

They recently stopped manufacturing a lot of their stuff in the US. Now I cant sell the fuckin things to save my life. (used to be one of the best name brands I sell)

Why do u think that is???

Cause people see what they did, and say FUCK YOU. Now Channelock is known as a shitty name brand and will suffer because of it.

Same thing goes for Mccullough a power tool and chainsaw manufacturer. NOBODY uses them anymore.

18. Let me assure you that i wouldn't "want" to pay extra, well, normal taxes. but because i dont wanna doesn't mean i shouldn't have to pay = % as everyone else. I love how i have worked every job in ze whole wide world, too! but anyone who hasn't deserves no opinion and whos voice is meaningless in your eyes, right?
    ALSO, no, I'm talking about Steve personally. Steve Jobs Thrives on Dividend Income - Seeking Alpha

And his employees' taxes shouldn't be counted as him paying taxes, obviously, i don't see your point.

19. spin spin spin...

[​IMG]

stealing from others is not the same as a flat tax...

...but don't let that keep you from using banana's to compare your apples to oranges...

20. baaAaaa?