The rich should be forced to help the poor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5e3deluxe, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. how do they know if they are lying?

people lie on their tax returns all the time..

how do you force them to come clean?

would this go for large contributors to presidential campaigns? Or would they be exempt?

2. Who is to decide who is rich and who is not? Cost of living is different all around the nation.
    Some one in Texas could be making 350K and be considered wealthy where as some one with the same income in a different area might be considered middle class.

Beside that small tidbit, forcing people to give away their own money because they do well for themselves is not only irresponsible but unconstitutional. Why should some one have to pay more money in taxes because they have done well for themselves? Why can we not just set a flat rate tax that effects everyone equally? We can even impose stricter taxes on businesses. The whole basis of this argument on the defending end is comical.

The fact that some of you are OK with a law that mandates appropriation of wealthier peoples funds is just sad.

3. I really wish people who know nothing about economics would refrain from having an opinion on the matter. Oh well. :confused_2:

4. The top tax bracket currently enjoys the lowest tax rate since 1917 (with the exception of 3 years in the late 80's/early 90's when it was slightly lower).

In other words, the rich are paying less taxes then ever before and earning more money then ever before.

SO WHERE ARE ALL OF THE JOBS???

[​IMG]

5. We're coming for your money, too, rich man.

6. We're coming for your money, too.

7. who is we?

8. So just to be clear. Are you saying our current high unemployment is caused by tax rates that are too low?

9. the problem with overtaxing companies is that the consumer will just pay for it in the end.

if i ran a business and my costs go up, whether it's merchandise or taxes.. i'm going to charge more for my prod=uct to make up the difference.

that's just how shit works.

10. So just what are you saying? Because it's difficult, we should stick with the status quo?

If you think that, Romney's your boy.

I say tax the rich til there's no more rich.

11. no.

i just think if you're going to come up with grandiose ideas that you should have some sort of plan in mind to implement them.. and not just rant nonsense.

12. was that to me?

Id love to see you try :cool:

13. #73 cball, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    won't help...(assuming you meant corp tax rates)

off-shoring jobs to countries, that allow the workers to be mistreated and exploited for slave wages, run hazard ridden pollution spewing factories for pennies on the dollar, as long as there is money saved in employee related taxation in the USA, as long as corps can bribe the local political leaders, none of it will stop...if they can cut cost by not paying for employee taxes in any way, they will do so...corporate tax rate isn't shit compared to paying for employee related taxes.

Now if there was a means to cut taxes, increase employee wages, while chopping a huge portion of taxation without representation placed upon We The People...I am sure someone would have thought of it...
    [​IMG]:p

14. Sounds like your doing a lot better than me, why are you complaining again? It sounds like your doing fine in life, no credit card debt? Wow, I'm jealous. The only reason you could be complaining is that your spoiled and want to live the lifestyle of the rich. Jealousy is mortal sin if your into the whole religion thing.

15. We'll get it. Trust me ;)

16. The jobs are there. Why would the super-mega-rich want their slaves to stop producing?

-----------------------------------------------

@OP: keep flaming & trolling, but know that you have absolutely no power to come for me or my money. You're not the government and they don't pay attention to your will. You're just another slave attacking and ostracizing his fellow slave (see: divide et impera). :wave:

[​IMG]

17. No. I'm saying there is absolutely no evidence that lower tax rates equal more jobs.

IF the wealthy create jobs, and IF lowering taxes creates more jobs (as you claim), then where are all these extra jobs?

In 1953, top income earners were taxed at 91%. Unemployment was 2.9%.

In 2010 top income earners were taxed at 35% and the unemployment rate was 9.6%.

If you are going to keep making the same claim over and over and over again, where are your facts to back it up?

18. Actually technically the status quo is Obama or did you forget he was elected president four years ago?

19. unless its at gun point.......even then I live in Oklahoma and have my CCW. lol so no, I dont think you will. But its fun to pretend right? :wave:

20. [quote name='"Gbaby19"']

unless its at gun point.......even then I live in Oklahoma and have my CCW. lol so no, I dont think you will. But its fun to pretend right? :wave:[/quote]

His whole thought process is on "Pretend Mode". The guy is a nut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.