The rich should be forced to help the poor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5e3deluxe, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tax their offshore accounts, remove all their loopholes, tax capital gains at income-tax levels. Bring back confiscatory tax rates above a certain income level.

Yes. The rich should be forced to help the poor, since they helped create the poverty. Offshoring jobs, anyone?

Job creators? Sure, in China and India, Vietnam, Russia and the Philippine Islands. Not in the US.

Tax the FUCK out of the rich. Won't ever happen but I had to say it.

2. Or just take away their loopholes.....and a flat tax, so it's truly fair

3. No, a flat tax is NOT fair. The poor can ill-afford a 10 percent tax. It's not piss in the ocean to the rich.

Tax the rich like we did in the 1950s. 90 percent above a certain income level with no loopholes.

They don't create jobs anyway so who cares?

4. So if rich people don't create jobs, who does?

5. If the rich helped the poor everyone would eventually just become middle class. Based on what you're saying why don't we just change to Communism? It's basically the same thing as what you're talking about except faster.

6. Like Romney hiding all his money

7. These days, the jobs are being created overseas. Ask Mitt Romney.

8. I'm ok with that.

9. I'm not.

10. you can't have communism and freedom, remember that

11. These comments are so stupid. The rich MAKE the jobs. Those evil corperations? They have hundreds or even THOUSANDS of people working for them. Most of them started with nothing and got off their asses and made it for themselves. Why should they have to give all their hard-earned money to some punk-ass 35 year old guy who doesn't want to get off his fat lazy ass and look for a job because he knows he can just pull in welfare and food stamps every month?

If you give a man a fish, he'll become dependant on you and come back every day for another. If you teach a man to fish, you teach him a skill that he can use to feed himself.

12. They have sent millions of jobs to other countries and created poverty so vast in this country it's shameful. Tell them to bring the jobs home. They no longer create jobs in the US. You know that, you're just too blinded by hatred of anything but right-wingers to see it.

They should be forced to help the poor. You should be forced to help the poor.

13. I don't care. You're wrong.

14. What freedom? The average US citizen has the freedom sit down, shut up, and die. That's what right-wingers want.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q"]Force the rich to help the poor[/ame]

15. to anyone who disagrees to the topic of this thread I would have to say I think your inconsiderate

16. [quote name='"5e3deluxe"']

They have sent millions of jobs to other countries and created poverty so vast in this country it's shameful. Tell them to bring the jobs home. They no longer create jobs in the US. You know that, you're just too blinded by hatred of anything but right-wingers to see it.

They should be forced to help the poor. You should be forced to help the poor.[/quote]

Many companies make the initial peices here in the U.S., they just send it to other countries to be assembled. And even if they send the production line to other countries, what about all the retail outlets they open here in the states? Fast food chains, office jobs, construction, agriculture. There's so many other jobs to be had. What's it matter if we outsource a minimum wage job to another country? Would you rather work in a nike store or live in china putting shoes together?

Maybe we should take the money from people like you who want everything handed to them without having to work and send it to starving kids in Africa, since you're so concerned with poverty. Want money? Get off your lazy ass and stop expecting handouts.

17. This is a brilliant idea.

Once we put this in place all of the worlds entrepreneurs would immediately come to America to start businesses.

The US' GDP would skyrocket, tax revenues would skyrocket even more!

And think of all the innovation that would occur! Apple would create a holographic iPhone, Space x would create colonies on the moon for helium 3 mining, and IBM would create a quantum computer!

Dog farts would smell like cotton candy and rain would taste like fruit punch!

I can't wait!

18. "Hey Mr. 10-dollars an hour, we just hired Mr. 5-dollars an hour but to keep it fair for everyone, we're just going to put both your wages at 7.50 an hour. Even though you've worked harder than Mr. 5-dollars an hour, too bad."

Is this what you're saying?

19. #19 5e3deluxe, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    I've worked my whole life (I'm older than your dad) and I've had my job sent overseas so many times I've lost count.

You know nothing.

20. Rich people don't send jobs overseas, Mitt Romney doesn't either. Government is who sends jobs overseas (not that globalization is bad in that sense in the first place). The cost of producing any given thing is the result of many input prices; land, labor, taxes, regulations, raw materials, etc. The US government has created an environment that isn't conducive to job creation, in fact it hinders it with excessive taxes, regulations, labor laws, negative interest rate bond yields, and rapid inflation. By raising taxes even more, it will cause even greater exporting of jobs, since it's raising the cost of production even further, limiting profits more, which limits jobs. Blaming the job creators (or "the rich") for this situation is very ignorant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.