Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Real Definition of Glass on Glass?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by boxx0r, Jul 16, 2008.

1. So there are bongs with a glass bowl and a glass downstem, and where they meet is frosted glass, which forms a seal without the use of rubber. However, some bongs have a rubber ring which attaches the downstem to the bong, and some are fully glass. Are they both considered glass-on-glass, or is it only the ones that are fully made of glass with no rubber that can be considered glass-on-glass?

2. Only the bongs that are truly ground glass upon ground glass are considered glass on glass.

If there is a rubber o-ring then it's not considered glass on glass.

Then again, glass on rubber isn't really glass on glass now is it?

3. a glass stem with rubber grommet(sp?) is called a slide carb i believe. glass on glass is the supreme, but they're easy to break.

4. I'll make it more clear...

Bong 1: Frosted glass bowl into a frosted glass downstem, but the downstem is connected to the bong with a rubber ring.

Bong 2: Frosted glass bowl into a frosted glass downstem, and the downstem is connected to the bong with glass, so no rubber whatsoever on the bong.

Which is considered glass on glass, or are they both? Someone told me that bong #1 wouldn't be considered glass on glass, and I'm just trying to find out for myself...

5. Its not frosted glass its GROUND GLASS JOINTS.

6. Sigh... replace every time I wrote frosted glass with "ground glass joints" for this smart-ass here.

7. Oh im sorry, I didnt realise you liked being incorrect. Have fun sounding like an idiot.

Calling someone a smart ass for correcting you, is basically saying that you like being stupid.

Me, I was just trying to help you sound correct. I appreciate your thanks for that. (thats right, normal people usually just say thank you, and learn something new)

8. Just read man, if it has a rubber O'ring or anything else rubber it's not a gong, do you follow? If it is all glass on glass (GONG) then it's obviously a gong bong. Heres an Example of a Gong bong, its mine.:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres another pic of an old bong that has a grinded downstem, and bowl, but not considered a gong because of the rubber.
    [​IMG]
    Hope that helps ya a lil more.:smoking:

9. He called you a smart ass due to the all caps that you used. It implies a certain, condescending tone. Your follow up post wasn't much better.

I guess bongs with a grommet on the downstem might not be "true" gongs, but I consider them to be. The slide connects using glass on glass joints, glass-on-glass-enough for me.

10. Good point. The caps were indeed uncecessary.

11. lol yea, couldent u tell by the sound of his voice :rolleyes: but seriously, is glass on glass nor expensive? it sure seems to look alot better.

12. GOG is more expensive, as it requires more effort by the glass blower.

[​IMG]

13. My bad man, I just thought what you said to be a little pretentious. The reason I called you a smart-ass was because it seems like you correct people like me a lot, but you don't seem to enjoy it and start e-yelling. I thought that if someone actually wanted to help me, they would at least answer my question. Thanks for that insight on my mistake, though...