The Purpose Of Life

Discussion in 'General' started by LeaveUsLeaveUs, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Have you really come down to this earth to grow up, fend for yourself and have children? Then you die? After a while, you are forgotten.

What is the purpose of life? It's to realize your divine right. Don't waste your time trying to understand God. You cannot. Our minds cannot perceive God-head. Our minds have limited capacity. We can only think within our limitations. God cannot be imagined in our minds, it's beyond us. Nothing can make us understand God, no prayers, no meditation.

The idea is to believe. Devote yourself. Be pious. Give charity. Be a fountain of knowledge and don't be afraid to spread it. Don't fall in love with this earth, it has an old habit of looking the other way if anyone falls into this worldly trap. Think beyond, think divine.

All these wars is the result of lack of religion. We use religion as an excuse. Real religion is dead. Enlightenment, ancient wisdom is lost between the lines of the ancient scriptures. Peace. Love. Fear. Acceptance.

2. The only true universal answer to your question is

NO ONE REALLY KNOWS.

3. We don't? Really? Look around you. Can anyone escape the rope of death? Can anyone deny the fact that there is some entity which we cannot comprehend. Look onto the heavens, and ponder. You cannot understand it because you don't have time to use the deeper sections of your mind. Reflect my good sir. Reflect.

4. alternatively, do whatever you want when you want because you're going to die anyway.

5. ^ This is deep man. I don't believe that religion causes war at all. It is called by people not sticking to their religion to its entirety (non-violence).

^ He was making a statement, not asking a question.

6. The purpose of life is to fuck as much as possible and do as many drugs as you can get your hands on.

7. Alex, death is your answer. Everything is going to die. Everything is running it's appointed course, except Him. He is beyond time. He was before anything existed and He will exist when everything else perishes. Take a lesson from the ancients. As we wander around aimlessly, the beacons of light have extinguished.

8. we live for the experience(the sights, the sounds, the memories, etc.) whatever anyone chooses their experience to be thats their purpose.

9. yes, im going to die. so my time on earth means nothing, its all about pleasures of the flesh.

10. Humans(Adam) was chosen above all other creatures because of the mind He has gifted us with. This mind can be used to gain endless amount of divine knowledge, but we waste it. We waste our time on useless communications and technologies which are actually driving us backwards. I sincerely believe the people before us were smarter.

All the miracles in the scriptures(i.e walking on water, parting the sea, bringing the dead back to life) are possible! THE KNOWLEDGE IS THERE. GAIN IT.

11. The purpose of life is to survive and thrive

12. The Purpose of life is 42

13. in different areas maybe. i might not know anything about 18th century agrarian business, but i'm not at all concerned about an uprising either. ;)

14. Get Money,Fuck Bitches! Is there anything else?

15. drugs. activities. anything thatll give you that serotonin/dopamine fix.

16. Life advances into its own purpose, the experience of it own existence. There are endless paths.

17. Purpose for life is troll threads and bragging about how a good genetic hand made you physically attractive....if you are the OP anyway.

18. If there is no real purpose to life [along the lines of the chaos theorists and -theists]; I can accept that.

But then what?

19. Then its whatever you want it to be.