The problem is that

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by The Crafter, Oct 18, 2011.

1. everyone thinks they have the only correct solution.

I think this applies in nearly any situation conceivable. If people could only quit beings prideful we'd be much better off.

2. while it is true that not everything is equal, it is the deliberate holding of one thing higher than others that leads to problems. if it is just left higher than other things without all the fanfare, there should be no problem. in other words, if you found an answer that is superior to other answers, you're better off to let others discover the answer themselves than to hold it up and try to outshine other answers.

3. if you look at it generally people just want to have the last word. it is so halarious to read these posts how somewhare on the second page you see it starts... the third page shows it escalating.... the fourth-tenth shows it at its peak.... then nothing.

Grasscity is freaken awesome. and im not just saying that cause im high:smoke:

4. "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    -....someone?

It's important to be a skeptic and a cynic, but it's also important to build upon the foundation that you've leveled. If you're tearing down concepts/beliefs to replace them with something that is, to you, greater, then you're on the right track. If you're just tearing down without ever positing anything....then you're just bein' a dick. :rolleyes:

5. What I'm saying is don't be so prideful to think you have the only "way". Even if you think you are on the right path or whatever, don't be a dick about trying to get people to follow you.

6. Yeah, I certainly agree with that. Anyone who thinks they "get it" and everyone else doesn't almost certainly doesn't "get it"....;)

7. Sounded to me like he was satisfied with your idea. :D

8. Agreed.

Or you could just reveal what you see, what you experience, without the ego getting in the way, and just let people decide for themselves if they wish to. :smoke:

9. Indeed, I was just responding to this point mostly.

"If you're just tearing down without ever positing anything...."

I was talking about not being a dick to other people about your beliefs. I couldn't care less if you're not building yourself up.

10. Take enough lucy that'll get rid of your ego real quick but good luck trying to bring back all the secrets of the universe with you. Even if you manage to bring them back to the mainstream your just some guy that was wasted on drugs. Everyone figures out the answer for sure in their own way nobody can be told the answer you have to experience it.