The Power Of Now, Eckhart Tolle

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Celtdub, May 29, 2013.

1. Last week I was reading The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle when I was high, at that moment I could fully understand his message and it was a great feeling.
    But when I'm sober I just can't get back to that understanding.

What do you guys think of this book and has it changed anyone's life?

2. eckhart can really create that space for a lot of people.. i used to get stoned and listen to the audio for that book and sometimes i would sense a certain frequency.. like a high pitch

something he says is that your mind can never understand what is happening, so its all a  matter of experiencing it

i would advise you not become dependent on weed or the words of any teacher to bring you back into that space of peace (it can easily become a crutch, or an addiction in finding enlightenment)

just allow your self to get comfortable with the sensations and becoming aware of what he's talking about.. there is no mental understanding needed

3. Reading his book is fine, but you'll get far more sense of the presence he creates by listening to him speak. His book is excellent, but if you listen to one of his retreats, where the sense of space is quite palpable, that will do what I think you need. Let go of the need to understand him as there is nothing to understand. His teaching is not there for the mind to grasp. The more it attempts to do so, the more it isn't doing it at all.

4. Thanks for your advise guys!