The power of Myth

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Zylark, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Yes, blaze up and enjoy this great interview series with Joseph Campbell. The author/philosopher who amongst others mentored George Lucas, thus giving great inspiration to the Star Wars films.

Google Video of the first episode here.

And the second episode here.

there is supposed to be 4 more episodes, But I haven't found them quite yet.

2. Awesome series, he was a true mystic and shaman. His words are both powerful as well as poignant.

Word.

3. Ah, so you believe in stories too! :p

4. If you really want to go down in details regarding myths, this video will do it. It tells how basically current western religions are just astrology / sun-worship in disguise and the importance of drugs (mushrooms and cannabis) in mysticism and tradition. It's long though, nearly 3.5 hours.

Myths are very fascinating to say the least :)

5. zylark, my school seems to have a copy of that series. I'll see what I can do about making the other volumes available.

6. Cool. Let me know if you make them available. Thanks :)

7. make what available? :D

8. if he had anything to do with george lucas he can't be half bad. I really need to get blazed outta my mind and watch the entire original star wars trilogy one day this summer.. anyone know where I can get that online. I should just rent it though

9. With a nick like yours, you should buy it FFS! :D

10. lol, my nick has more to do with cannabis than star wars ;)

still, I have no excuse for not owning a copy :eek: