The power of a human concious.

Discussion in 'General' started by Danjaa, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Ok so I'm fucking about on the internet doing non important stuff playing xbox etc etc. I have work in the morning at noon so probs should've hit the hay around 3 in the morning at the very latest. If I'm late one more time I'll probably get fired. Time passes and I'm all whatever yo but then I check the clock... 6:30am... uh oh. Set like 50 alarms to get myself up for half ten (I would've stayed up but I was tired as hell) thinking yeh this'll definitely work. I fall asleep.

From this point on I can only remember waking up and pulling the plug on my alarm at 10:30am. So normally, I'd be fucked and I'd have woken up around 3 in the afternoon or some shit but for some reason, some divine miracle, I woke up at 11:30am... The very latest time possible and bolted out the door and to my work and I made it, right on time.

Crazy to think that I just happened to wake up at this time.
    Anyone else ever had something like this happen to them?
    It'll have been the fact that I'd have got fired that woke me up but it was still weird as fuck!

Peace! :smoke:

2. I dont use an alarm clock anymore... I just tell myself to wake up at 730 and I wake up at 730.
    the brain is a crazy powerful tool.

Also, congrats op, on making it to work on time.

3. Pahaha cheers :smoking:

4. In high school I woke up literally 5 mins before the bus came. I got dressed while brushing my teeth. Grabbed my back pack and a poptart and ran 3 blocks and go to my bus while people were getting on. I later found out my bus was late and I wasn't as epic as I though I was.

5. Aww that in 5 mins would have been epic :D

6. Pretty sure I think brains can do alottaa shit we just dunno how to do. Your mind is amazing, and its ideally in sync with your body. No one hardly lives the way we are supposed to, me especially, and ive learned with a little attention and focus, you can do some badass shit, sync'n up your body clock is a good start....Crazy ramble. haha

7. Not abnormal at all, and probably happens many more times that you're cognizant of.

It's not fool proof though, haha. About the only way to really be able to rely on your body being a constant, consistent alarm clock is to fall asleep at the same time every night, so your circadian rhythms are the same from night to night

8. I'm a complete tool when it comes to going to bed on time for shit! :p

9. yeah its the same thing for me when jerking off

its got its own natural rythm.

Im like I hope I dont forget to jerk off. then suddenly with out setting my alarm I remeber to beat my meat.

fucking cool jewbeans

10. Yeah I wake up at the same time daily, around 830 regardless of my alarm.

11. I've only been late to work a handful of times. On those times Ive woken up right at the time I'm supposed to be clocking into work.

12. The conscious is more powerful than you can imagine.

13. Happened to me quite a lot when I'd set an alarm for school but it wouldn't go off and I'd wake up like 20 minutes before the time that the alarm was set for.

14. You sound like a model employee.

If I was late once I'd probably get fired.

15. #16 MrTea, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
    Btw, not to be negative-nancy, but the word "conscious" is not a noun, it is a verb i.e. to be conscious of something. You somewhat took away the proper possession to the word 'conscious'. There is only one meaning of conscious within the context we are discussing, so it is THE consciousness, not A consciousness. We all are conscious of things because we are all human and have brains, therefore it is THE not A. Thread should be entitled, "The power of the human Subconsciousness". That is all. Go Pack Go.

16. [​IMG]