The Power If Words.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by TejasBoi, Jul 15, 2014.

1. So im sitting here just thinking about the power of words. Has anybody else really thought about this subject? I mean our constitution is our law.. but what if a few words were changed around or replaced? Like for example changing "we" to "you"... now that makes a huge difference.. now instead of it including us in as a group... it singles us out as indivuals... and they cant have us thinging as 1.. easier to control people as a group.. thats why sometimes people get set free for crimes they committee.. if u can present words better then ur opponent then u would more then likly when them case... civil court atleast..... idk.. just thinking I gues..

2. #2 esseff, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    It's ironic how this thread is about words and their power, yet there are so many errors in the OP, even the title didn't escape. The power of words can be retained by just taking a little time to edit them before revealing them.

Yes, it is true that someone with a better command of language, and how to argue their point with it, has a greater chance of winning their case. Which is why the better lawyers are quite good at doing that.

Replacing 'we' with 'you' is interesting.

Sometimes when I say things I use the word 'you' when I mean a greater 'You' rather than a specific one, whereas in saying 'we', I include myself too, and that connects us in a way that using the perspective 'you' may not. In a way, saying 'you' is just a way of expressing myself when attempting to explain how I see things, but I can see how it could make the feeling of the individual more real and therefore you make a good point in raising it.

3. Unlike most smart phone mine was sick when they gave out auto correct. (That was a joke) but if you were able to understand the full body of my op then it must not have affected your comprehension. Not sure about the others.... anyways thanks for the reply.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app