The Pot Whisperer - would you watch it?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Baka Gaijin, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Okay, bear with me - I know when people get baked and want to rant, it's better reserved for other parts of this forum, not the indoor growing part - but hear me out.

How cool would it be to have a television show called "The Pot Whisperer?" You know, it's a show, perhaps on the Home and Garden Network, for instance. After hours, of course.

So you follow around this total expert, you know somebody smart like Jorge Cervantes but with character like, say... Tommy Chong?

Anyways, he's driving around, talking story. The show could easily be set in California, right? Anyways, the Pot Whisperer takes appointments. He visits people's grow rooms, talks to them, comments on their general set-up, the condition of their plants, their goals, etc.

People call with specific issues - you know, like "Help me, Pot Whisperer, you're my only hope!" And he shows up, diagnoses the plant's problems, identifies pests, shows how to recognize nutrient problems, gives advice on hydro set ups or gives gardening tips for outdoors.

Then maybe the show gets a tie-in with a major vendor, like one of those online grow shops that sells lights and ballasts and, well... grow room stuff. And occasionally, the Pot Whisperer surprises a guest and they give him or her a FABULOUS GROW ROOM MAKEOVER!!! Then a couple contractors show up wearing ski-masks and they go at it...

Man, that would be bad-ass! Home and Garden Network would see ratings like they never heard of.

I don't know... anybody seen anything good like that on the internet? I've browsed, but mostly it's just a couple guys mumbling into a webcam. Nothing entertaining. Or even very educational.

If you've found anything you're a fan of, let me know.

2. Hell yeah I would watch every episode!!!

3. Soundman looking for work here..lol;)

4. if you do this.. i will volontarily offer myself as a guinnea pig to try out all the strains people grow in thier grow room.. :):):) wouldn't that be ace... :D:D:smoke:

5. dude this show would kick ass, i bet u could actuallly start a whole pot network with like weeds and like pot movies and grow specials and u could have regular gardening shows on there too etc

6. I think if you check out you-tube and other internet resources you already have a bunch of people who want to promote themselves as "pot whisperers" and general gurus of ganja. Like that guy who paints himself green and makes videos of himself saying, "I grow pot" while explaining all the really basic stuff you learn by reading the stickies here. Personally I get a little annoyed by individuals who promote themselves as ultimate authorities when there are so many people who know what they're doing yet take very different approaches.

In the end it's all just gardening. The only thing really that separates growing pot from growing cucumbers is the need for secrecy brought on by our stupid prohibition laws.

7. Great idea for a show, but it isn't quite the time for it. Weeds is doing very well on Showtime and is opening the door slowly. If all of us keep working together, we will get it on the air soon. This can make older peoples life wonderful and pain free in the golden years......explain again why this is bad???:D

8. youtube UrbanGrower