The Political Satire thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Aug 25, 2018.

1. In this age of lunacy where it's hard to tell fact from fake there's some side splitting political satire emerging. Post your links/articles here and let's try and keep it light hearted and fun, keep the bitchfests to the other threads.

A NEW YORK court has finally granted sitting US President Donald Trump his fourth divorce after a lengthy battle which is believed to have stretched across decades, WWN can confirm.

The dissolution of the relationship between the 71-year-old and the series of events, facts and state of things as they happen, known to most people as reality, had been on the cards for some time according to White House insiders.

Always a tense and volatile relationship, it is believed reality and Trump haven’t spoken since early 2016.

Court Grants Donald Trump Divorce From Reality

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. honestly the whole politics section could be satire at this point. years ago it was a bunch of dudes challenging power and the status quo, now it's Old People Facebook memeing their support for some of the worst politicians to ever hold office. you remember back in the day

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Agreed, it's a pale shadow of the political forum it used to be.

I started this thread to try and lighten the mood a bit. There's so much anger/hate here now every thread ends up in a dog fight. Hands up I've been guilty of whipping Trump a bit too much but we gave Obama a whipping as well but it didn't seem to cause the division that exists now.

I think this place is a reflection of the division that exists in US politics today. It's not policy anymore, everything is personality based. The old heads in here myself included need to step up and start threads that are not personality based and push real debate rather than cat fighting. If we don't it'll get even worse and be totally unbearable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MAGA, MAGA, MAGA! Hey, Trump fans: HUGE Trump rally scheduled for
    7:00 p.m. (ET) this Thursday, September 13th, at Folly Beach, just outside Charleston, NC on beautiful Folly Island (elevation: 16 ft above sea level)!

Hurricane Florence is just fake news to discourage true patriots from showing up to SUPPORT OUR PRESIDENT! Wear your MAGA caps and we'll show 'em a "red tide"!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. The red tide will be their MAGA hats floating away.

:smoke:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Just watched this 10 min. video recapping events of past few days.... Once again the truth is more bizarre and hilarious than fiction... All Seth did was ad a few dashes of reality...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The real MAGA hats are made in the USA for the campaign. The Chinese ones are third party vendors. And I believe the price has been the same sense day one. What you posted is miss leading and fake news..

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. You do realize this is a political SATIRE thread, don't you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Oh, it was a joke. OK..carry on.

10. To avoid confusion....

Satire: the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. I get it now.....Satire..lol

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Post deleted, not satire...

13. Less than 4 minutes but plenty of laughing opportunity for those with a sense of humor.
    ////////

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. 8 min. of humor at the expense of... lol

15. 5 min. of satire from a lib perspective at the expense of tRumpism...

• Like Like x 1