The Police Brutality Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Twistedd, Sep 26, 2016.

1. I want this thread to cover all accusations and cases of police brutality no matter the race of the victim. This thread is not limited to the United States.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 BelowTheInfluence, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    I have never experienced it first hand but I follow orders.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I assume this is specifically for the pop-political theme the media spotlights?

Don't have to go further than Brazil to get police violence that makes USA look like a calm summer afternoon in Hobbiton, and if you go further; Ghana, Nigeria, IC, Chad to name the ones I've got experience with where cops are fatigue-wearing, RPG-carrying military are political shocktroops are cops again, and of course, the undisputed king of police brutality, the Ghengis Khan of #handsupdontshoot, the Pol Pot of police brutality

fighting out of the Malacanang Palace in Manila, the Phillipines

RRRRROOOODRIIIGOOO

"DIGONG"

DDDDUUUUUUUUTTEERRTTEEEEEE

[​IMG]

The thread should be about him, if we're looking at it from the globalist perspective

but I think most blades are only interested in feeding the US-specific #BLM race war, and that's OK, one is an idiot if one cares more about what happens other places in the world than at home. Perspective is nice to have, tho

• Like Like x 6
  4. The way you essentially gave him a fucking announcement like he's entering a boxing ring made me laugh more than is probably appropriate.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Laughing is healthy, all this stuff is deeply tragic.

Not to derail the thread tho gj gathering things into bigger meta topic threads instead of the scatterings

6. Lol I always worry about the American cops doing something to me but it has not happened yet

I hope it stays that way too. I try to avoid them as much as possible.

7. In America, the democratically bought-off national media outlets would have you THINK that it is a real problem. The facts are that cops kills more WHITE people yearly than blacks and that blacks are the ones who kill more of their own race than any other. What you know and have learned as far as your ethics, morals, values, etc., (assuming you have any at all), came from the home you grew up in and how you were raised. If you were taught to be hateful of authority, chances are you're going to see anything the police do as wrong. If you were brought up in a home and taught "respect," most likely you'll never have issues with police officers...regardless of color. And by the way, who do YOU call for help when you find yourself the victim of a crime? I bet it would be the police, right?

RESPECT: It's a great word. Everyone ought to know the definition and apply it to their life. What a great world we could have!

TWW

• Like Like x 2
  8. Why
    Why would you say "white people" but then say "blacks"? Didn't know I wasn't a person.

Anyway there are more white people in America... so of course more white people will be shot. White people aren't saintly angels that can do no wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I don't like the police very much. Most of the ones I've encountered are arrogant, and the last time I interacted with them was when they broke into my house, while I was sleeping and interrogated me based on a phone call a neighbor made. I walk out into my living room bewildered, this cop immediately grabs me in my own home after letting himself in through the unlocked back door.

When I protest this they tell me I'm lucky they didn't break my door down and make me pay for it. Whole thing was a misunderstanding and after talking with me for a bit, they left, but the way they conducted themselves pissed me the fuck off.

However, this whole BLM narrative that the cops are racist KKK members who love to shoot black people for no reason is such a crock of shit. Take this thing in Charlotte, NC. Their latest martyr, Keith Lamont Scott, had a violent criminal history, and the video released clearly shows him ignoring police commands and he reportedly had a gun. Yet somehow he's made into this huge victim of the big bad racist police...except the cop who shot him is black too.

Keith Lamont Scott Criminal Record: Violent Past Arrest Record Includes Assault With A Deadly Weapon

Then the black community decides to take a stand against this stereotyping of black people as criminals by...rioting, looting, burning cars, and beating innocent people up. Look at this disgusting video, it made me sick.

They expect to improve relations with the police by engaging in mass rioting and more lawless behavior? And the media supports it. That CNN reporter gets knocked on his ass by some dickhead on live TV, and says "oh it's just someone taking out his frustration".

I'm supposed to feel sorry for those people? Fuck off

• Like Like x 6
  10. The cops over here are very easy going, they don't have guns just little truncheons and handcuffs so they tend to not display ramboesque behaviour.

They will fight though and over the years I have seen a few guards giving and taking a kicking. It's all handbags anyway.

Don't feel bad though, you guy's have taco bell. Bastards.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've never been afraid of the cops. I actually call them probably once a year, all my encounters have been positive and we usually end up talking about a shirt I'm wearing if it's band related. Whenever I get pulled over I don't grab for anything I put my hands out the window after turning the car off. They appreciate that shit.

BUT

I still think they need more than 19weeks on average of training to handle public relations. And the amount of people killed at the hands of police whites black or purple is rather ridiculous (1 in 4).

I don't like generalizing BLM protesters either. I understand the arguments of those who say all lives matter, and I understand the arguments of those who say black lives matter.

Anyways, police brutality, whenever I come across it on Facebook or something which seems to be often, I'll post it here.

• Like Like x 2
  12. To understand the reasons behind this you'd have to understand statistics, politics, systematic racism, etc.

I was raised to respect those who respect me (generally speaking). Old folks tend to get a pass cause they old, y'kno?

13. I Will trade you Taco Bell for better trained, less armed police.

• Like Like x 2
  14. In 1987, when I was 14 years old, I ran away from home. I stayed at various people's houses for a few weeks, until I ran out of places to stay. When that happened, I called 911 from a 7/11 payphone, begging for help. Two policemen arrived about fifteen minutes later. I told them about the years of abuse I had suffered at the hands of my stepfather. I told them about the beatings and S&M style rapes he had done to me in all the states we lived in while he was active duty army. I told them how I tried telling the police before what was happening to me, but my mother, her child raping husband, and his disgusting racist family, all coerced me into recanting my accusation. After I told the police all this (who were only half listening to me), they loaded my suitcase in their squad car and promptly drove me back home where my stepfather was waiting to receive me on the front lawn.

I am white.

My stepfather is black.

What the police (both white) did was not technically brutality. It was much worse. Not only did they practically deliver me into the arms of my rapist, they set me up into believing for a very long time that what he did was perfectly acceptable. When I realized it wasn't, the statute of limitations had run its course. After exhausting every legal possibility, I finally had to accept I will spend the rest of my life living with the knowledge my rapist walks free in the same state. No Justice No Peace is the bane of my existence. I will never be a whole person nor completely healed until I receive justice which is never going to come. Let me tell you......that is one hell of a thing to live with.......

Let me tell you this as well: Bad police are color blind when it comes to making bad choices. I point out the races of everyone (including myself) to debunk the myth that black people are the only victims of bad police. They're not.

• Like Like x 4
  15. In reference to the Scott case, let's at least try to be factual.

1) "the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department determined that Mr. Scott, 43, was a potential threat to public safety because they saw him with two items: what they believed was a marijuana cigarette and a gun, according to a statement released on Saturday by the department."

2) "dashboard camera footage released on Saturday provided no clear evidence that Mr. Scott had a gun."

3) "In the video, Mr. Scott’s arms were at his sides and he was backing away from his vehicle when he was shot"

4) "In its statement on Saturday, the department said the officers gave “clear, loud and repeated verbal commands” to Mr. Scott that he should drop his handgun. When Mr. Scott did not, the department said, Officer Vinson “perceived Mr. Scott’s actions and movements as an imminent physical threat to himself and the other officers” and opened fire."

5) "Chief Putney has flatly and repeatedly said that Mr. Scott had a gun, but he also acknowledged that no recording exists to definitively prove the department’s account."

6) "The police statement on Saturday said that crime scene investigators recovered a loaded gun at the scene and that a forensic analysis revealed Mr. Scott’s DNA and fingerprints on the weapon. The police also released a photograph of the gun, as well as one of an ankle holster they said Mr. Scott was wearing.

The police have not said where they recovered the weapon"

7) "In the short video that Scott family lawyers made public on Friday, Mr. Scott’s wife, Rakeyia, can be heard telling the officers: “Don’t shoot him. He has no weapon.”

In an interview on Friday, the family’s lawyers said Ms. Scott was unaware that Mr. Scott owned a firearm. And one of his children said numerous times in a cellphone video she recorded in the aftermath of the shooting that he did not have a gun."

If this execution was within the realms of legality or even morality, then people wouldn't need to vilify Scott in that moment based on his past records. Instead of dealing with the situation at hand--his killing--people have to dig deep to come up with their justifications.

What We Know About the Details of the Police Shooting in Charlotte

16. I've been kicked by a female cop from an incorrect pullover, they were looking for someone else.
    Even though I'm asian and I didn't fit the description, she still wanted to cuff me on my knees and kick me when she told me to stand up. Felt violated.
    This was in a rich suburban neighborhood, not some ghetto.

17. an execution?
    a loaded weapon with his DNA was found..
    you can hear in the video multiple calls to "drop the weapon"

how can you call it an execution?

outrageous.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Did you even read my post? His family members claimed he didn't own a gun, there's recorded evidence of Scott's wife repeatedly telling the cops he didn't have a gun.

As far as DNA, all you have to do is put his prints on the gun.

19. There is also recorded evidence of every police officer within ear shot screaming "PUT THE GUN DOWN".

• Like Like x 1
  20. AugustWest already said that. There is also no evidence of Scott holding the weapon.