The plans for my grow cab! Any input??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Big Diesel54, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Alright guys so I wanted to make a (for lack of a better word) perpetual grow cab. Here's what I plan to do:

1)Buy this sombitch cabinet: (3x2x6)
    Metal Storage Cabinet Large | eBay
    2)Buy this mofugger: (400w HPS/MH)
    400 watt 400w Dimmable HPS MH Grow Light System Set Kit | eBay
    3)And this smell neutralizing bastard: (Whole shebang)
    New MTN Hydroponics 6" Inline Duct Tube Exhaust Fan Carbon Filter Kit 440CFM | eBay
    4) Buy some mylar, computer intake fans, and caulk or weather stripping for light proofness.

Now here's where it gets interesting. I plan on making the bottom 4 ft. for flowering, and the top 2 ft. for veg. I'm gonna guess that 400w + reflector is gonna take up about a foot. Do y'all think that roughly a 3x2x3 (LxWxH) would be able to house a pair of flowering plants?? And would about 3x2x1.5 feet (LxWxH) be sufficient for clones/vegging plants. Another question I have is what kind of light would you recommend for the upper half of the cab.

If y'all have any input, corrections, or any other advice for me I'd be more than willing to hear it. :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: Can't tell you guys how much this means for the help :D

2. You can do it, but I would keep the plants low. The pots are going to eat up another foot of headspace. The veg space is fine. I would be T5 lights in there. Veg and clone don't need a lot of light, and the floro won't put out heat like the HIDs.

Just make sure the two sides of the cab are completely lightproofed from each other. You don't want to get the hermies.

3. That's true I didn't think about the pot, so the 4' would really be 2' feet. Do you think it would be smarter to split it vertically?? So instead the space would be something like 1.5x2x6 (LxWxH) would that be enough for 2 plants or should I stick to only one, and buy a 150w HPS??

4. I'd probably do the latter, or look into making a 2nd cab for veg. Making a taller cab is just going to make for a narrow plant. I'm not a big fan of 150w HPS. I'd probably do 250 in that cab, though with the right ventilation, and if you were using the whole cab, a 400 would work fine. Just my opinion.

5. Yeah, but it has to be super stealth, remember it's gonna be in a rented house or apartment, so I need to keep sketchiness to a minimum. What I am considering doing is ordering a shit load of autoflowering seeds, which to what I've seen and heard are harvested in about 2 1/2 mo. If I plant one in (for example) Jan. and one in Feb. I can pull the first one in mid March, and then replace it. I'd then be able to pull the second one in mid April, and replace it. Then the one I planted in March would be able to be pulled in late May and so on and so forth. :smoke: whaddya think?? It wouldn't be a conventional grow cab, in the sense that there's no cloning and vegging, but I think it would definitely be functional :D

6. Yeah, that would work. Let us know how it goes. :)