The Philadelphia Experiment

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by mushroomsatsuji, Mar 24, 2011.

1. The Philadelphia Experiment

So if we actually have the knowledge and technology of time travel, what could that mean for our entire reality? Is it actually possible they could have changed the course of history?

2. I don't know what to believe after watching the video. Im amazed

3. doubt it. The closest these bastards get to changing the course of history is the textbooks you get in school.

4. I've heard every argument for and aggainst the philadeplhia experiment, however nothing is clarified. I would like to ask the government about the details of the experiment, asking "Did the ship truely dissapear out of thin air"

Would be the first one, than we could move on from there, however we all know our government never gives us what we truely seek.

5. inmeshed in steel? fuck that!

6. As Stephen Hawking has pointed out time travel is already possible if you want to go forwards. All astronauts gain time when they travel into space so if you built a massive rocket and sent it speeding as fast as possible into space, those on board would age less compared to us on Earth. Of course it's not practical to build it with current technology.

As regards travelling back in time paradox will prevent it. For example what would happen if you killed your own grandfather?

I prefer to think that so called 'time travel' is actually inter-dimensional travel - this is the cutting edge of current research and I haven't a clue about the theory.

7. But if you travel back in time to kill your grandfather you would have to be alive. If you killed your grandfather you would not be alive thus not allowing you to kill him. There for you would be alive still....understand? like....i kill him then im not alive, if i never existed i couldnt have gone back in time to kill him. so im still alive and so is he.

8. ^that would be the paradox, a neverending cycle of dead and alive selves and grandpas

9. So essentially if i killed my granpa, id immediately drop ded?

10. going back in time if very very improbable, most would argue not allowable by the laws of nature.

i believe time travel into the future is possible, travel to a higher, or lower dimension as well, as well other universes (i dont by the parallel universe where theres copies of you, its bound to happen but pry only one in a few billion)

what they described here has characteristics of all three of these. but if they went into time, they went back 4 hours later which means going back in time.

but the universe is theorized to work out paradoxes, so if the ship did go in time and changed the future coming back 4 hours later would in theory prevent anything it did in the future from actually happening.

hmmm weird shit, not sure what to think here.

11. The point here is that those going forward in time would not change the future for those remaining on earth.

In your example a 4 hour journey into the future would only affect those in the time machine because how could they land on earth while being able to travel close to the speed of light?

Here's something else to think about...... As light travels at 186000 miles per second, from the point of view of a photon, a light particle/wave, nothing exists - including us.
    All the photon 'see's' is a blank nothingness.

However we can see the photons .... or can we?

:bongin:

12. weird shit happens when you reach the speed of light. very weird shit. :smoking:

13. holy shit i havent heard about this in so long, and we have to write a research paper for a class im taking, and i was thinking about doing that, crazy you bring it up. so interesting