Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Perfect Homemade Downstem

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Splitt, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Hey I created a waterfall bong out of a glass Sobe bottle and was just wondering what would be a good downstem? I use a socket as a bowl. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    P.S. I'm looking for something that's not made out of plastic please =P

2. if ya wanna get it looking good then buy one lol but if ya wanna go with the home made down stem, get a test tube and if ya have the facilities or tools to, cut the bottom off to size and add a screen

jus an idea

3. ive seen a friends like this that was amazing which they drilled small holes in the bottom of the test tube to make a diffuser lol

they used several test tubes tho......like a good 10 or 20

4. You can always use the metal part of a brake line from a car, just wash it very well. Or you could simply use one of the metal chimes from a set of wind chimes. My brother has used a brake line and its a good one hitter bong he has. Its also a sobe metal bottle and he has it set up so you cant even tell its a bong.

5. Sweet thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to scavenge something up. :)

6. a lil copper or steel tube iz good to bonus points for welding instead of super gluing... +rep as well 4 being a macguyver stoner:D

7. Shoot, on the last two I made (out of plastic soda bottles) I just drilled a hole in the cap and just put my 13mm socket bowl with screen over the hole, it works great. You don't really need a good seal, just not a big gap.

8. A big gap between what? I've made gravs but never a waterfall I think I'm gonna try it tonight.

9. Has anyone ever used a metal pen? I've heard of it but never used one before, would it be worth a try, and is their any health risks? I would assume not because it's just metal.

10. Get a metal air pressure gauge, using a few pliers or whatever, tear apart so all you have is the metal tube, should be completely empty. Next, find a socket with a rounded hole instead of square, and the tube should fit relatively snug inside the socket, next take a screen out of a faucet using a screwdriver, burn it under a flame to make sure there's no type of coating, put it in the socket.

11. What did you get the metal air pressure gauge off of, or just one for like car tires?

12. yea a tire gauge, the tube part of it, the head of it and everything can be emptied out with a little effort and it fit surprisingly well in the socket i had, it could be pulled off with two fingers but was still pretty air tight the way it lines up if u got the socket with the rounded hole not the square, so you could wrap some electrical tape around the socket a few time so you can pull it off to clear the bong out without burnin ur fingers. :D

13. Alright sweet thanks Acid Raindrops, I'm definately going to try that out. The only problem is that the socket I have isn't round, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

14. Me and a buddy used to use Zebra pens as one hitters all the time. The ones that look like this:

[​IMG]

15. Kewl thanks man, I've been lookin for a good metal pen, they can be hard to find lol.