The Official What did you do to your vehicle today thread?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pmb6967, Feb 19, 2010.

1. #1 pmb6967, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    I'm 99% sure we don't have one of these already. I'm in the process of getting my car to where I wan't it and I'm sure a lot of you are in the same boat.

Ive got a 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 5 door.

Today I'm making my own cabin air filter out of cut to fit carbon filter I picked up from Menards. I'm also putting some seasonal removable cocking around my doors to get rid of the air noise that comes in.

Yesterday I installed new NGK platinum spark plugs. My mileage dropped down to 24mpg and finally checked my plugs and what do you know. They were shit!

I just ordered a 19.2mm rear sway bar from a junkyard for $55. What a savings considering hyundai wants $120 new for it.

In the coming month I plan on finding some Tiburon front black leather seats. I also plan on making a new custom sub box to get back more of my trunk space. Currantly have a down firing box holding my Kicker CVR12. Ive got a good plan drawn up on Google Sketchup.

So what have you done to your vehicle today and any other plans? I put vehicle because once riding season comes back around you can bet your going to see lots of shit done to my new motorcycle(ive got a Suzuki SV650sf 08 but I want an I4 600(cbr600??)). Pics are welcome Ill be adding some once I get and install my sway bar.

2. Hmmmm....I went outside and looked at my car. I ordered windows though, hopefully they'll be here soon, than I can have windows again, and I can stop drivin the hoopty

3. winter tires, drove it like I stole it

4. I will probably get gas at some point today.

5. I put gas in mine...no wait, that was yesterday.

6. What kind did you get? Ive got continental extreme winter contacts all the way around. I've got to say the best winter upgrade you can get are winter tires, first year with them, i'll never go another without them.

7. Cooper Weather-master ST-2

8. #9 Alvinhydropacif, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
    just put in a edge computer chip and a cold air intake in my 2008 chevy silverado. my truck flys! already put a dual flowmaster exhaust. :eek:

edit: just put brand new tires on it too, (stock ones)

9. Drove that shit for the first time, damn is it nice to have a decent vehicle again...

10. I smoked it out.

11. nothing. i did get a new header for my daily driver (crx) in the mail today. ill prolly put it in within the next few days when i have time.

12. bought some oil. put in some gas. cleaned the windows.

the other night i put in a new subwoofer.

13. went 110

14. Hi there:wave:

Re: What did you do to your vehicle today

I limped that POS home from work today

Regards

Joker:smoking:

15. I managed to get power steering fluid blasted on every single crevice of my face

16. Haha - I hate when that happens...
    I'm actually going to look at a "new" car today. 1984 Lincoln Towncar. My 92 Continental is about dead, and with my new job, I can afford to replace it now:)
    I havent decided if Im going to restore the Conti or sell her yet. I need a new engine, new trans, suspension, front end rebuilt, and paint. So pretty much after I dump 4-5K into her, she'll be worth ~3K:rolleyes:

17. nothing today. yesterday i had to reattach my muffler which fell off the other day and put in a new tail light.

18. Not today but 2 nights ago i finally installed my gauge pods so i dont have my boost gauge stuck on with double sided tape.

19. Washed it for the first time in about 2 months. Haven't been a point to wash it earlier, since the roads have been quite wet from all that snow and shit. But now it's nice and dry. And my car squeeky clean. On the outside at least :p

Man was it dirty, could harldy see out the rear window...