The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #30641 Praetorian, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I know we have talked about it before, but man, I just cannot get into it much anymore. Seems like the glory days of UFC are behind us.

I hope another fight org or the fightes band together and make a pure sport again.

3. Eh....I wouldn't go that far.

They've had a few pay per views that did not sell that well recently, but overall I wouldn't say anything is over for the UFC.

They currently have the biggest roster they've ever had (almost 600 fighters) and the Khabib - Conor fight is scheduled to be huge. It may even be the biggest fight in the history of the organization.

I still think UFC MMA is here to stay and only get bigger.

4. I am not saying they are on their way out by any means, by glory days I mean the more merit based system.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, the merit system has been screwed lately in a few fights.
    I see this more as a minor annoyance, rather than a major impediment to the company and sport proceeding.

They may give the loudest talker the shot on a few occasions (Colby Covington for example), but I don't see this becoming the absolute norm overall. In the end, I think we'll still get to see the best matched against the best, with the occasional skip in order to make due with who is available or can move the needle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That is such a bad idea for Leban, he was not looking good toward the end of his career, there is no need to take more damage, not even for money IMO.

7. Colby seems like a bunch of talk for a while but what he did to Dos Anjos and Maia was pretty amazing. He's a definite contender after the Dos Anjos fight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I think the skill level of the UFC has evolved. They've lost a lot of people from the rosters. Some of the weight classes are almost empty like Heavyweight. It seems like most of the up and coming good fighters are lighter weight classes.

9. I think it's fair to say that McGregor - Nurmagomedov is the biggest fight in MMA history.

Love him or hate him, Conor is the biggest star MMA has ever had.
    Khabib is the undefeated champion, who absolutely will brutalize him on the ground if McGregor can't get the (early) knockout.

Ireland will be on fire again, but now 130+ million Russians will be as well.

I'm with Khabib. If he can avoid the early k.o., he has this. McGregor has to go for the k.o., and he has to do it early. If he gasses or gets taken down, it's over.

• Like Like x 3
  10. It's 4 weeks away... I can't see Conor winning myself.

11. How about Tyron? Derailed that hype train.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah...that was impressive.

Tyron may be the most powerful guy - for his weight division - in the entire UFC. I always knew Damian Maia couldn't get him down with a bulldozer.

I look forward to seeing how Darren Till rebounds after this. The guy was riding a major (and deserved) hype train, but getting mauled by Woodley like that should be a major ego check.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I just watched the match and honestly Tyron makes a knockout victory boring. I wont argue he is the most powerful and perhaps the goat of ww, but he has that Mayweather feel about him to me, just to defensive of a style to be exciting. Cant blame him though he is super good, and probably to smart to be a fighter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm excited to see if Gaethje can keep winning. I would love to see him knock Conor out.

15. He's almost like a throwback UFC fighter. Just pure warrior mentality.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't think Vick knows that the fight is over today that knockout was so vicious. I've heard that on the UFC punching machine Gaethje has the highest total per pound in the UFC. He hits like a brick for 155.

17. He got fucked. McGregor should pay him. He missed his fight and he could have got that title shot.

• Like Like x 2