The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. #30521 Praetorian, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Whoever wins this, probably is fighting McGregor next.

Tony is injured and Dana is saying he'll never reschedule that fight again.

If Max wins, he has won Conor's 45 and 55 belt. It only make sense that they fight.
    If Khabib wins, it becomes the biggest fight in MMA history, when he takes on the Irishman anywhere on the planet. Especially if it happens in Russia.

Lotta respect for Khabib. Strikes me as a very intelligent and collected person.

2. oh fuck imagine the build up to that
    "Ive got two belts and I got it by beating the guy you run away from"
    "All you've got is the belts I gave away"
    and Max is one of those bad motherfuckers you cant screw with their heads

• Like Like x 1
  3. What’s everyone’s thoughts on max’s Chances? will he perform his best having only had a week in a proper training camp? Or was he ready all along ? I would love to see max get the knockout but I can’t see it happening, putting my money on a khabib decision and a joanna decision, although I’d like to see rose do it again

4. I think Max has about a 1 in 10 shot. He's most likely going to get mauled. Horrible match up for him. He's a natural 145 and Khabib is a natural 170. Until recently people were wondering if he could even make 155 again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah it does seem like a longshot, and slightly crazy on Max’s Behalf after missing his Own title defence a month ago due to injury, all respect to the man though he’s not shying down from it. It’s a shame his win streak is in major jeopardy after all the hard work, but As long as it doesn’t start a slippery slope of losses, I imagine it won’t tarnish his legacy and champion credibility

6. Idk if he doesn't need to lose weight and khabib is going down a lot, Max may be able to keep his distance and pick him apart until late.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Max was very likely paid a lot of money to take this fight.

Khabib already pointed this out (with respect), saying that Max is on record about how he fights for the paycheck.

This wasn't an offer from the UFC, where they said: " Max, come and get your ass kicked out of the goodness of your heart. "

This was an offer where they said : " Take this fight, and we'll pay you a lot of cash. Also, this event will do very well on PPV, and you get a share of that as well. So more cash Max. "

I don't want to take anything away from Max, who I genuinely believe is a bamf.
    I just want to point out that this "heroic" fight he took on short notice, also very likely came with a lot of financial cushioning around it.
    He got offered to look like a hero bamf, win or lose.....aand collect a very, very solid paycheck for it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #30528 Praetorian, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    I believe I heard somewhere recently (I may be wrong) that Max was close to 170 when he got the call.
    He is also coming off of an injury, which is the lesser worry of the two.
    He'll basically spend the entire 6 days he has on cutting weight.

As the newly-fat Eddie Alvarez correctly said: There is no way we are going to see the real Max Holloway on Saturday.

Max has one chance, and one chance only: The puncher's chance. This is MMA and everyone and anyone can get knocked out, in every single fight.

If he does not knock out Khabib early, he is going to get destroyed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I just can’t see him ko’ing Khabib. It’d be a hard fight for Holloway regardless, but on six days notice? He hasn’t got much a chance.
    Everyone (including Khabib) know Max’s only chance is picking him off on the feet in the early rounds - just can’t see Max going into the later rounds and winning, Khabib mauls people his size - never mind a guy going up a weight class.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lotta talk about Khabib, and deservingly so, but let's not forget about Rose defending her belt.

Joanna did not deserve an immediate rematch in my opinion, and I hope Rose puts her away this time as well.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Are you fucking serious? Apparently Holloway been declared medically unfit to fight.

12. Seeing reports UFC trying to book Khabib vs Pettis (since Chiesa can’t fight).

13. Really not looking forward to watching Pettis get beat down. Damn.

• Like Like x 1
  14. McGregor threw a hand truck through a bus window. Chiesa and Borg were injured bad enough to be out of their fights. Lobov is out of his fight because of a hotel scuffle with Khabib.

Absolute madness. WTF was McGregor thinking?

15. WWF .... I'm so disappointed in these punk ass mother fuckers. Dana needs to crack down on the immaturity of these fighters or risk losing everything that they have worked hard for. It's embarrassing to watch at times.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

16. McGregor is a fucking embarrassment. Desperate to stay relevant without having to fight. Guy is scared of Khabib and tries putting on this ‘hard man’ act, as if he’s ready to take on Khabib there and then.
    If he wanted to fight Khabib, he’d either fight him in the octagon , or catch him away from security/all those cameras. Instead, he has to act bad in front of all the media and try steal the spotlight - apparently because his boy Lobov got bullied by Khabib.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Did you hear what Khabib said? Basically,"If he was so tough why didn't he come in the bus instead of attacking the outside? If he told me where to meet him I would be there." /Pwned.

• Like Like x 2
  18. The biggest shit show in UFC event history. You certainly can't bank on a fight happening until they walk out now days. Why plan on buying a ticket and traveling only to be disappointed? Lately they're cancelling 3 out of 4 main events.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Conor is known for his over the top promotional activities, pretty much taking it to the next level.

Am I stupid in thinking that this will setup probably the biggest fight in MMA history when Khabib and Conor finally square off after this stunt?

Do you want to bet this was a plan?