The official UFC/MMA thread...

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BMISS, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Look at his early career, subs and ko, not mostly decision. Do you think that is because the competition is tighter or because the stakes are higher and they don't want to risk losing, maybe both?

2. I just think he was young, surged very quickly, and found himself in a much, much deeper division than a young Jon Jones ever did.

Prior to running into Lawler, who just happened to have his number at that time, he was undefeated except for a fight that he lost to a surging Carlos Condit, when Rory was 21.

3. So more the former?

4. I'd say both.

He originates from Tristar, and they are known for playing it safe and sound.
    Nothing wrong with it, it's just their style and it has worked for them so far.

5. I think if you're not all about knockouts the higher you get in the ladder of competition the tougher it gets to get a finish. The people you fight at that level are the toughest in the world and they don't give up for anything. If you can't get the finish the first round or two you're probably going to a decision with the top ten.

Rory has really beat a who's who list. I don't think Robbie Lawler has enough left in the tank to beat him again. He seems to be the man with the most luck against Rory.

I just remember watching that main event in Vancouver when he fought Woodley. I was scared for Rory and he fought that fight like a champ. I couldn't believe the way he completely shut down Tyron's offense. That was not a close fight by any means. That's what got him a title shot. Before that Tyron was in discussions for a shot. After losing to Rory he had to wait another year or two.

• Like Like x 1
  6. In unrelated news,

Don Frye is a bamf. A pioneer of the sport, and a man's man through-and-through.

Here's to the Predator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. That guy has mad brain damage now. Shame shame.

8. April 7th can't come quick enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. POQBKILLA on ps4 if anyone wants to scrap on ufc3. im hardly on and not very good but would love to punch one of ya in the face haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. upload_2018-3-21_22-33-26.png

I don't know why Joana got that rematch immediately. If someone mops the floor with you in the 1st round, you do not get an immediate rematch in my book.

In other news:

War Nurmagomedov!

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Its a hell of a test, but we're yet to get any indication of where Tills ceiling is.
    Frankly even lasting a few rounds with wonderboy justifies his top 10 ranking, looking good against wonderboy definitely means he's a title contender.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Can’t wait for the 7th. Also glad to see Till has got a big test in Wonderboy - should be interesting to see his performance against someone of that standard. Hope to fuck I can get tickets :laughing:

13. So scrap my last post - seems we may never get to see Khabib Tony. Been praying all morning it’s just a super elaborate April fools prank, but it seems legit. Ferguson is out injured :( Multiple sources confirming it.
    Rescheduled as Khabib vs Holloway for the title.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Holloway at 55.....he better bring brass knuckles and hope to connect very early and hard.

If Khabib gets a natural 45 to the ground, it will be a brutal game over.

Holloway by early surprise-K.O. , otherwise Khabib by destruction.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Did you hear Eddie Bravo on Rogan? Apparently Tony tripped on some audio cables wearing sunglasses and those stupid hook tip leather shoes inside. Full separation tear on the LCL.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Hey Hey.. As a sound engineer I want to say dont go blaming the audio department, if theres a badly run cable it is fucking always video! (in this situation the video ones are both thicker and more likley to need to move around cameras thus less likely to be secured down). And when Rogan asked if he was wearing sun glasses inside Bravo wouldnt comment on what he was wearing.

So yeah, Max Holloway has some fucking balls on him, I doubt they had any top 10 155ers actually willing to sign the contract on that little notice.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Major balls on Holloway.
    Balls or perhaps sheer greed and he decided they're paying him enough to just take the ass beating:smoke:

They asked Eddie Alvarez, but he said he's walking around @ 190 currently. Also said because of that 6 day notice, there is no way we'll get to see the real Max Holloway on Saturday.