The *Official* Stoner Movie thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Shamrock0820, Feb 9, 2006.

1. ok guys, I know theres a bunch out there but I never seem to know where to look for them.

If you know of a stoner movie post the title and a brief summary of it. This will help everyone

get out there and rent them! Ok I'll go first.

Dazed and Confused

Its about this highschool freshman who gets his ass smacked (with a paddle, sounds weird

to say haha) for a welcoming by the seinors. One of the upperclass men invited him to go

drive around because he feels bad I guess. He tries to act all cool with them and its some

funny shit. Theres not really a plot to it but its ill to watch stoned and they smoke weed and

say funny shit. :D

2. Half Baked

A couple of stoners come up with a bunch of crazy schemes to bail their buddy out of jail.

Harold an Kumar go to White Castle

2 guys get high and drive around in search of a white castle, but a series of mishaps delay them, and hilarity ensues

Detroit Rock City

A couple of kids go on a quest to get tickets to see Kiss in Detroit

3. half baked im gonna say cause its my favorite recent stoner movie

a group of 4 friends smoke some weed and send their friend kenny out for munchies.
    kenny feeds all the munchies to a diabetic police officer's horse, and the horse dies. kenny is put in jail for being a copkiller.

the three friends gotta sell weed that they make full profit on (stealing from work) to free kenny before his jailmates get his virgin ass hole. hahaha

edit: guess soomeone posted while i was typing summary up, oh well

4. It's called the search button, lol. The search button is your friend. :D It's located here: http://forum.grasscity.com/search.php? and will provide you with easy to find results in this category, like these: http://forum.grasscity.com/search.php?searchid=414955 ;)

But in the spirit of your thread, I'll throw in

Reefer Madness

A campy cult favorite first released in 1938 as a propaganda film meant to scare American's youth away from drugs. In this quintessential classic, innocent teens partake of the "demon weed" only to find that one puff plunges them into a hilarious web of murder, sex, lunacy, and jazz music.

This cautionary tale has since become the hieght of camp entertainment among today's high school and college crowds.

5. Ali. G in the house...

i havent watched it stoned yet. but i will this weekend. it was funny as fuck sober. i cant wait to be blazed and enjoy it. :hello:

6. None of those results have summerys. Some people want to see what they're about before

watching them.

7. Requiem for a Dream

8. You must not have looked very hard. I see a summary in this thread, hell it's even in the first post: :D

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=52823&highlight=movies

as well as a lot of other ones, but I'm not going to do all the legwork for you. ;)

9. hmmm lets see...

Spun - Movie on meth use
    Memento - trippy shit about a guy with short term memory loss
    The Crow - based on the comic
    Se7en - 7 deaths based on the seven deadly sins
    eXistenZ - weird movie about a new virtual reality system, very diifferent
    Kung Pow - Martial Arts spoof movie
    Butterfly Effect - ashton kutcher changes his own future....

i know thers more in my head but i cant remember... so thats good i guess

EDIT---didnt see you wanted summaries so i added like a single line describing the movie...

10. Are you fucking serious? After seeing all the shit those people go through (I've had some friends go through that shit), it makes you want to do hard drugs? That's fucked up, man...

TV Show - The Adventures of Pete & Pete

Show about two brothers named Pete, big Pete is the narrator to little Pete's daily adventures... some shit gets a little crazy, but there is always some moral at the end. I loved it when I was like 10 or something and it came out on DVD, so I like to watch it when I'm stoned and travel back to the good ol' days... haha, good fucking times.

I think I made that same post yesterday, but I'm not sure.

11. i believe it was in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure that my favorite idiotic quote ever came from:

"Who was Joan of Arc?
    ...Noah's wife?"

haha thats a good one as well

12. *shrug* Dunno. It's weird. It had the same effect on my other friend. And Pete and Pete is amazingly fantastic. Just like Angry Beavers and Ah! Real Monsters. Heheh, gotta love the old school shit.

13. I know this sounds cliche(sp) but what about watching wizard of Oz in sync with Dark side of the moon? I heard it is trippy as hell but I have never tried it hopefully I will soon

14. hahhaha i love that movie :O

15. i could name mass stoner movies but i dont have the urge to write logs ...

check out kung fu hustle though

16. Grass

A documentary of the history of marijuana prohibition. Video is almost entirely archive footage.

17. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Hunter Thompson and his attorney go to vegas with a shitload of drugs and get into all kinds of trouble. Read the book too.

18. Donnie Darko

the protagonist has visions of a rabbit who gets him to cause chaotic destruction

19. if you liked fear and loathing check out "Where the buffalo roam".its another hunter s thompson story its from 1980. same characters, bill murray plays depps part and peter boyle plays the role of his atourney

Attached Files: