**The Official Pets Thread**

Discussion in 'Pets' started by My Fax, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Dude...what's the scoop on these little guys? That's bad ass! Are they friendly, can you hold them...and are they expensive to keep? and the life span. That's all I ask. Oh, and how much they cost.

That thing is sick, dude!

2. Gary my friggin' lion. both pics after he got toasted.:smoking:

Attached Files:

3. Please don't tell us if you get your pets high...

4. He's not that unfriendly, I mean sometimes he can be a dickhead and try to piss on me when I pick him up, but for the most time, he loves it. Also if he is in a mood where he doesn't want to be messed with he whips his tail around as well (if you didn't notice there are some spines/hard formations on it).

The best thing is every so often it's time for a bath, so I fill the bathtub up with an inch or two of some water and put him in, he inflates himself. He just breaths in so much air and holds it and will literally be floating.

He is cheap for food (mostly veggies with some crickets every so often), the UVB bulb (the flourescent) is cheap- about $15 every 8-10 months, the heat lamp was overall a cheap buy- about $6 for it and it has lasted 6 years. Then the cage, heat mat, sand, and accesories was probably about $100.

The only upkeep is to scoop the poop daily (which is not nasty poop), and clean the cage every few months, replace the sand a couple times a year.

The lizard itself was only $45-$55 if I remember correctly. I have read the life span on these guys is anywhere from 12-50 years.

5. I'm going to say that 12 years would be a good average life span, 50 years is kind of too high up there mayne. I love reptiles and I am thinking of buying another bearded dragon (since my last one died :( ) or leopard geckos or a mali uro like yours.

"Insects such as crickets and mealworms are enjoyed, but should be offered to adults very rarely. It is quite possible to raise a healthy uromastyx entirely on plant matter. However, young uros need more protein than adults and can be supplemented crickets and superworms more frequently. Just remember that they need to develop a good appetitie for greens and such and that their long-term dietary behaviors should not be compromised by feeding too many crickets and worms."

6. Bumping this thread.

Also, here's some newer pics of George and Edward.

George:
    [​IMG]

Edward:
    [​IMG]

7. Yeah they basically go where they want, and yes there kept in a cage until you take them out to wander/bond for a couple hours a day.

It's good to avoid picking them right when they wake up, cause thats when they want to go the bathroom and what not

i'm going to be posting more pics of my babys in this thread soon!

8. We just got a new puppy this weekend so that makes 4 dogs now...he is Shih Tzu/Pomeranian Mix and is about as big as a guinee pig right now :eek: He is sooo fucking cute. And our other 3 are girls, beagle/basset named charlie bug, chinese crested powder puff/poodle mix, zoe, and a blue healer, sydney..i will post a pic soon.

then there are the 5 cats, fire bellied toads, ball python, tarantula, parakeet.....

9. Cool thread guys nice pets. I myself have a cat and a dog (irish jack russlle) maybe ill post pics later. ^^^^^Oh and by the way dude nice sig i have that poster in my room.

10. long time ago.

11. Here's an update of George and Edward, and the newest addition to the family, Leela! She's a Boston Terrier.

George
    [​IMG]
    Edward
    [​IMG]
    George and Leela
    [​IMG]
    Leela
    [​IMG]

12. this is ashes the flash made her eyes look mad cool.

[​IMG]

this is panda she loves meal worms

[​IMG]

this is panda again on top of the cd booklet case thing she chewed up =/

[​IMG]

13. Dang Sodomized, those are so freaking cool. Do you ever know where they're at in your house? Like, do you ever get freaked out when when just drops from the cieling onto you? Well I guess I don't know if they do that or not, either way, those are excellent.

14. hey sodomized, are suga gliders friendly, like can you hold them and stuff, or do they do whatever they want to do. also, are they hard to take care of?

15. My sis's dog Dakota

[​IMG]

16. yea fax, i definitly can tell exactly where they are, at any time because they make noise when they move, no matter what. i can tell by the different sounds if one just jumped on my tv, or if one is climbing up the door, or if they're scampering across the bed, but a few times i was jus chillin at my desk then all the sudden one flies past my head from the curtain to the chair and it's like whoa wtf!?! sometimes if i eat in here they'll jus jump up on my face and snatch some of my food, they're sneaky that way.

and pompatus, they are friendly meaning: once they've gotton used to the fact that you're always gonna be around, if you come near them they'll happily jump on you and start crawling every which way up and down your whole body. as for the holding, no they don't really like to be just held and pet like a puppy. i think it depends on the glider, too. ashes will let me pet her but panda backs aways and gives me this look like "get the fuck up off me." so yeah, they mainly do their own thing but its all good to me because they're so damn entertaining. i don't consider them hard to take care of either. food dishes must be scrubbed clean every day, every evening at eight i prepare the food i just scoop out their staple which i store in the freezer then i cut them a slice of fruit and put the rest of the fruit in the fridge for tomorrow. i do have to wipe down a lot of stuff in my room and vaccuum every weekend because of their pee and poo, but that's just because i don't make them stay in their cage ever because they don't like it they like to run around free and explore and their happiness is more important to me than not having their excrement all over my belongings.

17. Ahahahaha. That's hilarious, man those sure do sound like entertaining pets.:hello:

I'd probably do the same thing. Cleaning it would suck, but yea their happiness makes it so worth it.

18. heres my girlfriends cats[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

white - bradley
    seal point - bailey

19. I've had many pets in my life, you can say that animals have a liking in me, like certain friends have dogs or cats that hate everyone, but somehow will like me, it's weird.

Anyways, here's the dog I had for about 10 years, the most loyal and intelligent dog I have ever seen. I can go for hours about the stories I've had with him. Here's a pic.

[​IMG]

Right now I have 2 fish tanks; 10 gallon w/ 5 Brichardi cichlids and a 60 gallon with 3 convict cichlids and a bunch of guppies. Soon to get a serrasalmus spilopluera (gold spilo piranha).

Hey sodomizedjello, I wanted a sugerglider for a long time, but always too busy to take care of too many pets.