Basketball The Official NBA Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dickie4:20, Oct 8, 2009.

1. :smoking: Ok I recorded the Clev/Boston opener and just watched it blazin. They may be old but thats a good basketball team. They're fun to watch. Basketball is basketball i guess..

2. I hope we sign rajon to an extension.. I'd hate to see him in a different uniform.. kid is so fun to watch... cant shoot for shit but he'll get it...

3. I can't believe how many people are doubting kobe this year. A lot of people are saying, oh he has peaked, he is old. Man this guy is for real, he the Jordan of this era. What that means is that he don't drop off, he only gets better. Even when he is 45 he is going to schooling everyone.

I'm not a laker fan, and was a kobe hater for a long time, back when vince was the man. But kobe has held his own in the league. Nothing but respect for this guy, never seen an ability to take over and stay consistent since Jordan.

4. Last week i would have agreed with you about Rondo. But he got some skills. He is not as good as some people think, no, but it wont take this kid long.

5. Kobe isn't falling off.. but I'm gonna quote michael jordan at his hall of fame speech. " Its great that they compare lebron and kobe to be me, but they're will never be another Michael Jordan. "

Kobe is in his own elite category just like jordan. Although he is more like MJ then lebron, he's a total different physical animal

kobe had the most dominant center in years and years with a younger shaq, dont forget that. Michael never had a true big man like that.

Michael Jordan the best fo evahhhhh.

Bill russell best winner ever

6. #66 Haze23, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    I don't think he has peaked but there's no way in hell he will even be playing at 45. He isn't the same Kobe he used to be though, which could be a good or bad thing.

Anyways, is anyone else fucking annoyed at the NBA games they show on TV? It's ALWAYS Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, or the stupid Bulls. Show more than 4 of the same fucking teams. I'm not saying show the Timberwolves but mix it up a little.

7. #67 smokin-n-tokin, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009

The age was just used to make a point, i dont think he will play that late either.

I think a different kobe is a good thing, did you see him working on his post game with the dream? he has better basketball iq this year, and i bet it will reflect finally in his assist/game numbers.

Lebron has a few years before he catches up to bein #1, he is going to be dominant as usual, but the guy travels mabye 3/4 drives to the bucket and his shot is still unbalanced as well. no doubt he has crazy talent though. respect to him.

kobes game is as fined tuned as jordans, i can finally say there is someone i love to watch just as much as jordan was when he was on top. two different players in two different eras, with two different teams. no jordan didnt have shaq in the post, but kobe didnt either last year. jordan had pippen, and some other big time complimentary players.

no doubt none of them really mean much on their own, but on the floor with great players, and knowing their role, they become very good players.

8. hoping the c's blow out the bulls tonight... that playoff series last year made me bite all my fuckin nails off

9. celtics looked sooo damn good tonight. absolutly firing on all cylinders. kg didnt miss a beat. sheed hittin 3s and playing his role beautifully and fucking RONDO...shit he looked unbelievable tonight. maybe im just stoned but they looked unstopable

a lot better than the lakers are lookin against the mavricks:D

10. ya the lakers are looking kind of weak right now. if the finals were today and i had to take the celtics or the field, id take the celtics

11. Mavs did WORK. Looking real good with the addition of the Matrix. Lakers looked clueless.

12. My Bulls got stomped today :mad: Damn.

Oh well, good win against the Spurs game before. Derrick Rose coming back for year 2!

13. Ha that's because we (socal) get to watch the lakers regardless of what tnt or espn decide to nationally broadcast. People wanna see those teams man its just business. i know what you mean tho I do get sick of watching the same teams. The portland/denver game was good. I like watching games with random, evenly matched teams.

14. the lakers need pau gasol??? dumb reggie miller saying there gonna go 20-1.. not without pau... him and kobe have the best connection on that team ( on the floor )

Celtics looked awesome, rondo only shot the ball twice but he had 14 assists and 9 rebounds.. you wouldn't know that he dominated the floor unless you watched the game by looking at those stats.. but he controlled that shit.

He dont need to score, and sheldon williams came up huge with a double double off the bench, starters on the bench the whole 4th quarter..

I'm ordering my celtics tix NOW :)

15. Celtics looked reeeaal good last night. I didnt think the Bulls would suck this year, but I forgot Gorden left the team.

16. suscribing here, gonna be interesting^^

17. why does everyone think he's so good? he is eddie house with more minutes... when he's on fire watch the hell out but he's inconsistant..

i'm excited to beat the magic this year.. maybe big baby will push some more little kids over! :) :hello::smoke:

18. that sir, was a epic moment in the history of basketball, I swear haha...so funny
    For your information guys, NBA is currently giving FREE access to his "league pass broadband" so you can watch ANY game for free on internet...until november 3rd ;(

just sayin'...

19. Whatcha tryin to say about my man Eddie House...?:p

Gordon isnt that amazing of a player, but he was the best 3-pt shooter the Bulls had. Hes what kept them close in the playoffs last season imo.

Should be a good match up between cp3 and rondo tonight.

20. cant wait! rondo doesn't even have to shoot the ball anymore we have scorers and we have size this year.. WATCH OUT!