The Official Help Spliff Grow Thread!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ...Spliff!, May 18, 2006.

1. just buy some normal compost mess around with the ph of it and get some vermiculite
    good luck hope this helps

2. I'd rather use just soil but if this is really that much better I will look into it as for soils any specific names I should look for?

toasty - The crawl space is very raw. Cement floors, insulation and not much ventilation so I guess we could cross that off the list.

It is becoming more apparent that the grow room will most likely need to be a room. Even so I am forced to grow in my basement which unfortunetly is not the most well ventilated area in the house. Im going to try and get some pictures of the possible grow rooms so you guys can see what I see.

If I was to grow in a room, I have one that could work. It is of appropriate size, has a vent (in the ceiling) and has nothing in it at the moment. Could this work?

3. And I bought some ferts today they are "The Shit (Shitz)"!

4. I told you to PM me on ideas but you wont listen just holla at me when your ready and trust me you wont be dissapointed I hope lol

5. Thing is I need more than 3 plants, thanks for the offer though! :hello:

6. so how many plants you looking for no better yet how many females cause feminized seeds are extremely cheap right now and well worth the cash and space and money for soil and containers well you get the point

7. I'd be happy with 5 Female plants and I'd look to produce 7-10 ounces.

8. that wont be too hard to get with 5plants. Did you decide what light your getting yet?

9. you could get up to 15 ounces from 3 females if you veg for two months and use 5 gallon containers never grew anything succesfully but ive been reading

10. Back to the first page you go!

Ok guys well I am hoping you can help me with my "shopping list".

I plan on heading out to my local hydroponics store, Home Depot and wherever else I need to go.

Spliff's Shopping List
    - 400W HPS Light + Ballast + MH Conversion Bulb
    - Flat White Paint
    - PH Testing Kit
    - 1 Gallon and 3 Gallon pots
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

What else will I need to purchase? I realize I need soils etc. but I was hoping you guys could tell me exactly what I need to buy.

The last but definitely not least important thing is my ventilation issue. this is the one area I have very little knowledge about. I have a feeling if I go out and spend $100's of dollars on Ventilation equipment I will go over my spending limit (around $500). What ways can I increase ventilation for cheap? I am willing to put a hole in my wall if need be (although I would like to refrain from it if possible), as I could put a hole through to the neighboring rooms closet which wouldn't be seen by anyone. However this would be my bedroom so any smells/sounds would need to be minimal.

Thanks for all the help and input you guys have given me thus far.

11. Back to the first page you go!

Ok guys well I am hoping you can help me with my "shopping list".

I plan on heading out to my local hydroponics store, Home Depot and wherever else I need to go.

Spliff's Shopping List
    - 400W HPS Light + Ballast + MH Conversion Bulb
    - Flat White Paint
    - PH Testing Kit
    - 1 Gallon and 3 Gallon pots
    - Fertilizers : "The Shitz - Growth and Bloom Blend"
    -
    -
    -
    -

What else will I need to purchase? I realize I need soils etc. but I was hoping you guys could tell me exactly what I need to buy.

The last but definitely not least important thing is my ventilation issue. this is the one area I have very little knowledge about. I have a feeling if I go out and spend $100's of dollars on Ventilation equipment I will go over my spending limit (around $500). What ways can I increase ventilation for cheap? I am willing to put a hole in my wall if need be (although I would like to refrain from it if possible), as I could put a hole through to the neighboring rooms closet which wouldn't be seen by anyone. However this would be my bedroom so any smells/sounds would need to be minimal.

Thanks for all the help and input you guys have given me thus far.

12. Pc fans are cheap but loud if you have alot of them.

13. I was thinking of putting a door on the unfinished bathroom and having an exhaust and intake fan running through the door. Would this work and help my ventilation issue?

Below are some pics of the soon to be growspace...

It's about 9X9, and I plan on using a 400w HPS light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. What I am basically trying to say is there any way I could increase ventilation without putting holes in my walls?

15. The air needs to be circulated so youll need something pushing it out and youll need a passive intake. At homedepot/lowes they have bathroom fans for like $10 and attic fans for $50 that move i think 600cfm.

16. get normal compost and get some vermiculite change the ph values of the soil before
    you start i always find it a bit to high out of the package
    hope this helps