The Official 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup Boycott Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HIGH IQ, Dec 7, 2010.

1. After the decisions made in the bidding process, decisions that were blatently corrupt, I refuse to watch either of them. It is a disgrace to Football, and an insult to the supporters.

If you do not support these world cups, and wish to join me in boycotting them, please, when they do happen, do not watch them.

FIFA needs to take one on the chin, and I personally want to have a small part, if any, in it.

So the more support we get for a boycott, the better, and if by posting here gains support, then so be it.

If you support a boycott, post on this thread giving your support, and lets see how many posts we can get in 8-12 years.

Down with FIFA, and down with the corruption of the beautiful game.

2. and why is all that? why are you boycotting? why is it a disgrace and corruption for football? ..relax son, world doesn't revolve around your or your shit ass country. quit chillin with the kkk.

3. I find it hilarious that people are bitching about this. I'm pretty sure millions will still tune in so boycotting isn't going to do anything. The world is a corrupt place, get used to it.

4. wait what happened.

5. Apparently some sort of corruption in the voting or something like that. What's new? It's fucking soccer, the world cup is still going to happen. Now i'm going to go play my FIFA 10 game for 360 and enjoy all the greatness that is FIFA

6. Qatar, and Russia (Qatar obviously) bribed officials to get the bids to host the respective world cups.

England and the US were the obvious picks by a mile, but ended up losing in landslides.

So I am not going to watch this FIFA garbage anymore, the SA WC was terrible if you ask me.

7. I usually don't watch it, but now i can not watch it with a purpose. :p

8. I almost think youre being sarcastic with both of youre posts.

Because what ive gathered from both, is that you could care less about the world and people around you, and would rather just sit on your ass and play a video game.

AKA the problem with the world today.

The first thing that causes corruption, is simply allowing it to happen with no justice, or no consequence. The world doesnt HAVE to be a corrupt place, yet people with your attitude allow it to be.

and its not called soccer, its called football.

9. +rep :)

Obvious narcassist is obvious. Those kinds of people go nowhere in life. Dont sweat it.

10. so you barely noticed corruption in that league? its been shown in live games that the officials favor some teams over others.

11. World Cup: Blatter says gay fans 'should refrain from sex' in Qatar - World Cup News | FOX Sports on MSN

What a disgrace. The cup seriously needs to be moved to one of the other bidding countries.

You have to feel for the homosexual community on this one. One of the whole reasons behind the world cup is to bring people together to celebrate the greatest sport on earth, and for one period of time every 4 years, put down our countries differences and cultures, and just let our battles play out in a non-violent manner on a football pitch.

This just makes me sick.

So, would anyone else like to join me in a boycott against this discriminating garbage?

12. I was really hoping we'd get it in Australia or England (they have sick pubs, and I like the Brits). But in Qatar it's illegal to drink in public so that's a total joke and I won't be going (I can imagine Heineken aren't happy either). Not too mention the heat, air conditioned stadiums wtf?

13. Not to mention gays cant even be gay there without worry.

From what Ive heard they also look down on women with tattoos? There goes a lot of business lol.

and apparently Russia isnt that great of a place either.

14. UEFA is where it is at, Deutschland uber alles!