The Official 2011 (Theoretical) Grasscity Presidential Campaign.

Discussion in 'General' started by catfish swiming, Oct 22, 2011.

1. :eek:

:mad:

2. Where are all the campaign posters?

3. I'll make one, hold on.

4. those kick the shit out of the ones i made

5. I liked yours and for paint that's crazy good

6. I don't give a fuck cuz I've got hella hoes :cool:

7. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']Username: KenjaminK :D

Reason for running:To inspire blades to come together like never before, to uphold the wonderful environment Grasscity staff have put in place for us, and to uphold their decisions for the betterment of our community.

hobbies/interests:College, Grasscity, weed, masturbating, and taking care of my two baby dogs. :love:

What you plan do do if elected:

[*]Seek SJ's approval for the presidency.
    [*]Unify Grasscity like has never been done before.
    [*]Implement the Office of the Presidency as a community liaison to help bridge the gap between the decisions being made for Grasscity and blades' understanding of those decisions and why they are for the greater good.
    [*]Ensure there are checks and balances so that the messages of the presidency remain neutral and without bias.

Office:The Establishment of Civil Peace and Enlightenment - TECPE (pronounced Tesspy)

Please join me in helping improve the positive vibe which is the pride of this fine establishment by electing me as your president!:smoke:

:hello::hello::hello:PEACE, LOVE, AND POT!!! :hello::hello::hello:
    :gc_rocks:[/quote]

This sounds good and all but there's a lack of fucking bitches and getting money not to mention the lack of SWAG

8. Presidency and republicanism? Nah f**k that...

Constitutional monarchy f.t.w.

Because at least a King doesn't make pretences about having your best interests at heart
    :devious:

9. I will bring back dead hours and mod it my self

10. Yes, I'm not the type to let my personality/ego, sex life, or personal aspirations to acquire currency get in the way of my decision making process. :wave:

11. That's what they all say...

Just wait until an attractive aide flutters his eyelashes, or SJ throws some €uros your way to influance a decision, and see how long those morals last. :p

12. Under my administration, the interest of all blades will be honoured. SJ and any other blades will have no need to resort to bribery. Also, sexual encounters via the internet aren't my thing. :smoke:

I am not one of them. I'm pro-legalisation and open-minded, not a money hungry bitch. :D

13. A worthy adversary. :D

The whole point of running for presidency is to improve the GC experience for everybody, not for personal satisfaction through tyranny. That's the problem with most democratic societies nowadays, too much corruption. :bongin:

14. Actually, that is a common misconception (no offence), that we have democratic societies today. We have republican (not to be confused with GOP) societies, which are much easier corrupted. I strive to create a true democracy for GC where an opinion poll would be implemented to help the staff in their decision making process, to ensure the voices of GC are heard and so that they may make their decisions in the best interest of the blades.

As president, I will merely be a liaison and will not take over the power of the people.

15. But a full democracy doesn't work most people are stupid they don't know what's right all the time for instance if abolishing slavery was put to a vote it would of been no if womans rights was put to a vote it would of been no
    If ending segregation was put to a vote it would of been no

16. That's just the convoluted logic that bureaucrats use to under-fund their education systems. Issues of rights and mrality also aren't to be decided by the state. They are self-evident and undeniable. In the case of slavery, the government failed to recognise the undeniable part and people only bought into it because it was all they knew. In that case, it was right for the government to step in (would be GC staff in our case) and amend things for the greater good of our blades. The problem with the people not knowing everyone had equal rights was a fail in the educational curriculum. They should've been teaching the constitution and rights as they are printed in the Constitution, and in our case the Forum Guidelines, not making up their own versions.

17. I only partially agree with those statements, both have their pros and cons.

My platform is a little different. I use my browsing experience along with my own personal observations of other members and their habits and various random complaints in order to come up with solutions. I find that using polls to make decisions is both weak and inefficient. Why?

Using polls to determine decisions can be a double edged sword. Not everybody will vote on them. Hell, not even half will. Many members leave for extended periods or leave altogether because of issues plaguing the City, so I find that observation of the threads people make over the years are a better gauge of how the mindset of GC is constantly evolving and I wish to make dynamic changes based on that premise.

And in all due respect, and I'm serious because I don't want this to turn into an attack campaign, I find that using polls to dictate what changes you will make is weak. You have to have some balls and take risks from time to time for GC.

My idea to change up Music Hall is from my own personal observations, and I'm sure that if I didn't think this up myself and take the chance to try and implement it, it would have either never come up or would have come up at a much later date. I'm sure lots of people would want it to stay the same because it's what they're used to and they love rap or dubstep or whatever, but a lot of people who like genres in the minority should have their chance to have discussions about their tastes as well. It would be a major positive change for GC that could help diversify the types of people joining and posting here.

The point I'm trying to make with the "weak" thing is that you have to think deeper than just current members of GC. We need more good members joining here and thinking up creative ways to draw in more members can really help GC diversify and have a broader range of age groups and cultures.

Because you've got to admit, you're probably tired of all the high schoolers, wannabe hippies, gangstas, trolls, and adbots that seem to be in the majority here. It used to be more diversified and I wish to bring that diversification back to this wonderful City. :D

Gooseman 2011

:gc_rocks: