The North East Growers Thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by brett119, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Damn man haha those are gonna be big plants then

2. 60 gallon pots with the richest soil I can make.

3. I'm thinking im gunna top at least twice and LST as much as possible.

4. Blue, I took a picture of the pots, but im so tired, im gonna go to bed now.

I'll post pix tmrw

5. Wish I had the luxury of doing some guerrilla growing, but it's just too much of a pain in the ass for me to drive back from college to take care and harvest.

6. Whats a normal size hole for plants, 3x3x3? How many gallons is that around

7. 3X3 is big man, not sure how many gallons, but be aware that when those roots hit the edge of your hole, there gunna keep going lol. your gunna have some bigg ol plants.

8. hey boys wassup? a cubic yard of dirt is about a thousand pounds on the average. (i've done a lot of dirt moving searching for minerals)

9. [quote name='"ThEbLuEMaGoO"']3X3 is big man, not sure how many gallons, but be aware that when those roots hit the edge of your hole, there gunna keep going lol. your gunna have some bigg ol plants.[/quote]

Yeah bro but the shit I'm growing in is clay at the bottom so I don't think the roots can penetrate it

10. In that case you need to watch out for water collecting on the bottom of the hole, I have the same problem that's why I use pots.

11. Shit dude true that, I may not be able to water my plants though for a week in some points this summer so idk what to do

12. You could also make the holes a little bigger and line the bottom half with stone. It will give the soil a little breathing room at the bottom preventing water from pooling up.

13. So i checked in the back, these are the biggest, except there was one that was maybe a gallon bigger, but it was in use.

whadya think?

[​IMG]

14. Those are just like my black ones that I used last year, do you have a gallon number on those? Either way, that's alotta leg room for them plants to stretch out ;)

15. I don't know what gallon size

I guess I'll just fill it up with 2 gallon milk jug and see how many it takes lol

What was your yield like last year? Per pot?

16. Only had one plant and had to rip late august before she could ripen up. I got almost 6 grams dry of some leafy white haired buds, got me high, but it was sad knowing what it coulda been. But if you look at my thread from last year I think it's titled "update more pics". You can see the pot with a plant in it there.

17. What's a good size pot (gallon-wise)? Something that'll yield a shitload

18. I'm going a little less than previously stated, I might do 40 gallons, I'm thinking about just cutting a foot off of 50 gallon drums and drilling some drainage holes. But I'd say a 30 gallon pot is good if your focusing on stealth and yeild. I'm only doing two (small possibility of a third if it pulls through) plants this season so I'm trying to go big.

19. Holy shit dude I've heard 10 gallons is a lot