Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The necessity to be EXTRA careful when consuming your edibles.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Klao, Jan 15, 2010.

1. I've been near that "place" once or twice with edibles. Never the full blown Hunter S. Thompson/Ralph Steadman like mode. But close enough.

Those of you who think "too much" in this case is just enough really should think again. There is absolutely nothing fun about it. You don't get "more" of the good part of being high or super stoned.

And what makes it worse is that you can't help but think of all the weed you used up/wasted for that awful experience!

2. The worst part is that once you realize you've had too much, you're still getting higher. Then you have 5-6 hours to wait until you pass out or it starts to wear off.

3. #63 Klao, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    I used to do this, too. If you're comparing that kind of experience to THIS, though, just the "dude, I've been smoking all day" experience .... you're not properly imagining what I'm talking about. :(

I've smoked upwards of ten times in a day before (I wasn't kidding when I said my tolerance was through the roof). This beat the shit out of days like that. It's a super, duper, CONCENTRATED stone. I can't even explain it properly to someone who hasn't already felt it. Unless you've got some of the strongest hashish on the planet, smoking alone isn't going to get you to this place. Edibles are another world. A tricky world. I hope you enjoyed your 4-20 (my dryness continued, not by choice, unfortunately), but I hope that firecracker didn't take you too far. :p

4. i just had my first experience with edibles...wild ride i must say

i ate the brownie at like 10pm (the tray was made with 12gs of some good stuff my friend didnt say and there were 12 brownies so you do the math) and it started to kick in at like 11:15 11:30 ish...
    i just started to get really really heavy and the worst cottonmouth and red eyes of my life lol but it was kinda cool until i couldnt really get up out of bed and i had to remind myself to breath
    i woke up at like 7 the next morning and was still high lol i had to get through lax practice still very high and i didnt come down until about 2pm
    goddamn lol that was intense

5. Dude you basically smoked 2 grams. What did you expect, :p.

6. haha yea i know i kinda enjoyed it once i remembered to do the whole breathing thing

7. I can totally understand these scary feelings, I would like to try to avoid this. As newbies, I'd like to ask how much you think we should put in our first brownie experience? Maybe we should do a little less to safeguard ourselves? Any answers are appreciated.

8. I know this is way old, but yeah, the firecracker was great. Didn't push me over the edge. I was just really really high all day, and felt burnt out like no other the next day.

9. Eat a small piece, and wait two hours to see how you feel. That's the best way to judge how you'll react to it. For example, if you get a dispensary brownie, try an 1/8th of the brownie first. Make SURE to wait that couple of hours the first time. It's tempting to just eat a little more because it can take awhile to kick in.

10. i just still can't see how u can get to high. jam some wu tang

11. A 10 dose cookie knocked me out a couple months ago. I have a pretty high tolerance too. I got a little nauseous, not too bad. Passed out in the middle of the day for 12 hours straight. It was fun for the couple of hours I was awake. :smoke: Next time half!

12. #72 Klao, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2010
    Haha, okaaay. :rolleyes:

To someone that's actually lived through it, that's a little like hearing someone who's never smoked at ALL say they don't see how being high can be considered "fun." You just wouldn't know.

If you still feel so dismissive over the whole concept of it, however, I officially invite you to ignore my warning in the original post of this thread, and treat yourself to two or three servings of high-potency space cake, or something along those lines. Come back in about 30 hours (likely the first point in which you'll be able to even think about concentrating on the Internet), and see if you still find the notion of being "too high" dubious. :ey:

I only say this because I know you can't hurt yourself permanently with any amount of cannabis, but I do feel guilty that I'm setting you up for such a bad experience. If you're going to be openly skeptical about it, though, even after dozens of people have tried to warn you ....... it's the only way to prove the point. This thread was intended to warn people to be cautious and take it slowly, but if you just can't make yourself believe in the power of cooked herb without feeling it....

Ah, crap, I changed my mind. Don't do it. The guilt is mounting, and whether you believe it or not, too much high-power edible WILL beat the shit out of you. :(

You were one of those kids that had to feel the fire burn their fingers before they believed their parents about the whole "hot" thing, weren't you?

13. i love eating bud!!!
    one year for 420 i put over 17 grams of KIEF in my brownies!!
    they were deadly, i ate two and didn't smoke the rest of the day:smoking:

14. I had to take my friend home from school the other day. He had eaten 2 brownies someone else made an hour prior to school, and by the time the 2 of us get to school, it is lunch time. He was walking at about .5MPH into lunch, sat down, and was bugging out about it. Needless to say, I could not let him go to class like this, they would surely drug test him(My school is known for drug testing around my area), so I got him in my car and drove him home. His dad looked at him and goes "Either my son is a pussy or you didn't smoke" and let him go inside without another word. CHILLEST DAD EVER!

15. My friend worked security for a hotel during spring break. Well he had "confiscated" several roaches, little bits of bud, just a whole bunch of little scraps from god only knows how many diff people. Well we threw it all in a pile and ground it up and smoked. We had three bongs out between the three of us and I "got too high". I was on the couch thinking if I move I'll puke, if I say anything I'll puke, if I breathe I'm gonna puke. I was miserable. That asshole puts on Kat Williams Pimp Chronicals (I don't remember which), oh my god one of the worst nights of my life. I really could not stand it.

Time #2 I had just moved back here and hadn't smoked in months. Well I went by my guys place and we chilled smoked and had a good time. there were three of us in his shed thing smoking. first a few bowls, then two joints, then we vaped. I was screwed. My tolerance was nothing and I had just been smoking in this little shed thing for like three hours. Well I got to sweating, my stomach got to spinning, I couldn't move, I felt like I was disolving. Eventually I figured out I was continually getting "contact high" from the room, they still hadn't quit smoking, the room was FILLED like a fucking thick london fog. I walked outside and his dog was digging a hole in the ground, I just remeber thinking "Oh my god, what a nice doggie, thank you doggie" and I puked in the hole he was digging. Still down with that dog for that day.

Time #3 me and this dude rolled a couple of blunts, I had never smoked a blunt before. Being around cigars makes me sick. Well I asked him how good his shit was, he said it was ok. He's a fucking liar. It was great. Well we smoked both blunts and I was once again ripped beyong belief. I got sick as a dog and was puking all night, I tend to think it was more of the cigar than being too high. I really loved the high I got, it was a blast. My body though, my god. All I had to do was sit still and close my eyes for a minute or two, open then hard and BAM I was puking. I did that I don't know how many times. Close em, open em up wide and blargh, I'm toilet worshipping.

Well hope you enjoyed my tales of vomit!

16. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think if your gonna be smoking alot then you need to start
    paceing yourself as time goes on meaning after your stoned
    and gonna smoke more start taking a hit periodically and
    right when you start feeling like your not in control well were
    you feel like you reached your limit stop smoking .

17. i have always been cautious to never over do it with edibles.
    but, i did get too high one time from hash. first day back from a 3 week t-break. i had smoked one joint in the morning and at about 2 went to my friends house. i had been savig some club hash from san francisco my buddy got for me for this special occasion. to try to get as high as possible off of it. i smoked about 1.5 grams and was super blasted and loving it. about 5 mins later i felt like my head was really big and heavy and my high was really foggy feeling if that makes sense. i started to notice i wasnt taking breaths as often as normal and that the ones i was taking seemed smaller than normal. i remmebered that its impossible to die from smoking weed so i just knew i had to ride it out. i was soooooooooooooooooooo blasted that i thought i could feel the room around me, like i knew where everything was without looking, not like i knew where it was, bit like i could feel hwere it was. it was coool

18. i've also had this same experience after eating about 3g worth of firecrackers
    things got supr freaky while i was watching the movie "rockers its dangerous", my thoughts scared the shit out of me
    but i kinda liked it.

also wat about xannys, wouldnt they help u come down if u ate too much??

19. That sounds intense, I've never done edibles before but I have a really low tolerance and a single cone/bowl (like less than .1) of the ridiculously sticky shit I've had lately gave me a panic attack about 2 weeks ago. First time I ever had a panic attack, about 20 minutes after smoking I was listening to music on my ipod and feeling completely wrecked, then suddenly OUT OF NOWHERE my heart started beating like fucking crazy, I could hear it as if it was beating inside my head if that makes sense. And that scared the shit out of me, then within a few minutes I was shivering but feeling overheated and cold at the same time. It was like 26 degrees celsius, so moderately warm, but I had to put my hoodie on and just tried to lie down and relax but I couldn't keep still, I just walked around the house and drank like 20 glasses of water.. It felt like the panic attack went on for up to 2 hours, but I think it was closer to 60-90 minutes (my perception of time was obviously completely fucked up at the time)... Then suddenly it just went away and I felt fucking amazingly good, like a really positive and clearheaded high, but intense still like if I'd just smoked half an hour ago. I reheated half a leftover pizza and watched Eraserhead (probably not the best idea stoned and after a panic attack haha) but turned it off half way through cos it was just too fucking disturbing.

Other completely random effects included my leg randomly giving out as I was trying to walk, like it would just bend retardedly to the side as if I'd sprained my ankle or something, and my eyelid started fluttering at one point too but that was probably stress induced.

I think this shit is just the exact opposite of the type of weed I'm used to, it feels almost more like a stimulant, it's probably a sativa dominant strain or something. It's definitely the strongest shit I've had in years (though I quit 2 and a half years ago and have only been smoking for the last 6 months, and have only smoked one other type of weed in that time). I think I'm reluctant to use this stuff in edibles cos it really is strong as fuck and if a tiny amount could cause that reaction I think .5 gram being absorbed into my bloodstream could really fuck me up. Anyway, it's almost comforting to read other people's "bad" reports in a way as I don't really know anyone who ever has any negative experiences with weed.

The day after I smoked again (only because I knew I couldn't smoke for 2-3 weeks after then) and just had maybe 25% less than the day before and I felt fine. I didn't get as stoned as usual, but also didn't get the anxiety and paranoia that I'd usually get for about 15-20 minutes after smoking. I'd like to find a nice middle ground between the two but there was such a small difference in the amount of weed I used that it's pretty hard to gauge.

20. #80 Jaysee, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    I remember reading in another post, that dependent on the persons health (of their liver and kidney) something about breaking down the thc from the fat. The less healthy the liver and kidney the less they feel the edible and the thc will just get digested. You might just be too damn healthy lol

I have to admit its hard to determine how strong edibles are going to be, since they seem to effect people differently. I gave one to my brothers friend and within and hour and a half he was vomiting from being so stoned, while my brother being very stoned said he was "chill".