The most easiest way to control

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bunnyk, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Hi there everyone,Im a newbie to grow.I have a quite big room to control the temperature.I wanna set different temps for day and night (day is 25'C and night is 22'C) but don't know much about electricity so can't buy the tools (thermostat/inline voltage thermostat..etc.) to do it myself !!!
    My room is 4.2 x 4.75 x 3 Meters and have a 3HP AC unit (28000 BTU).Gud ventilation and got air cool hood for 4 600hps.
    Thanks for any comment,you guys make my day

2. Id have your ac on a timer to turn on when your lights turn on then for night id have a heater on a timer to keep the room at your temps. I had mine set up so when the lights turned on my ac would turn on about 30 minutes later and thurn off when the lights went out. I did the same for the heater but I had that set to shut off about 30 minutes before my lights would turn on. I did that because I had a thought that I was saving some money on power and I didn't see a point in keeping the heater going right to the end for a degree or 2

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Get some cheap thermostat outlets. 1 for heating and 1 for cooling. I've had flawless temperature control since I received them. I had to put bigger fuses in them though. 

4. @[member="GOLDENBOY"] : can you drop a little bit your 2 cents on the experiences how to use the heater ? I haven't bought it,need more details from you (your room size/volume) !
    Do you have cool tube like me ?
    The temperature of my area is hot (33-36'C),not too dry,the rh in my room is always between 46-59% ! Is it good or bad for the seedling stage under this condition ?

5. @[member="D1ddyD4nk"] i know that type of thermostat,also have one (mine is made in Korea and the local farmers here use it to control the temp to heat up the chicken eggs).The electrican/boss of the supply store where I got some electronic supplies also adviced me that I should put somethings (im not an electrican,forgive me,i don't remember the names of these!!) between the outlet thermo and AC unit to prevent it from damages of turn off/turn on frequently (cause of the correct points of temperature you want)

Btw,thanks for stopping by ! In my area,they don't know about mari indoor grow,I'm setting up and don't grow yet.If it is a really in indispensable case of right temperature points,I have to spend more money to let that electrican guys installs a temperature control system for me ! But really confuse about should or should not,so if you have a bright idea on,please let me know,i feel free to learn from others !!

P/s i know the rule is not to let the stranges into grow area.But I tell him that this room is use to dry off the paints on the toy's surfaces so have to correct to the rite point.It makes sense ?

6. Is 33 around 85? Your rh is good for babies. I had a grow tent that was 5x5 with a cool tube and exhausted outside. I had to keep the ac outside of my trnt but if my room on the outside of the tent stayed 68 inside the tent was at 72. I also set one of them oil filled heaters right inside my tent on low and that kepted it at 66.

7. Oh 85 is high to me i liked to keep my temps at 72 for my day time and 66 at night

8. Do this to get the attention of someone. Its not like Twitter