Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The medical "benefits" of smoking marijuana :by Rich Deem

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by moshi1ry, Jan 29, 2012.

1. A friend of mine sent me this because he knows that i am very proactive for marijuana and believe that it is a good thing. He is basically trying to disprove what i think by using this article (hes an idiot). I have gone through the article and can already tell some things that are just down right wrong but others im unsure about. If someone from the community would be willing to take the time and dissect the article and present there findings i would be very grateful. I personally believe its the most bullshit in an article ive ever read.
    The Medical 'Benefits' of THC and Smoking Marijuana (Cannabis): a Review of the Current Scientific Literature

2. I won't completely dissect the article, but the general impression I get is the author specifically used opinions and findings which support his own negative opinions about marijuana. In plain and simple terms, this article is propaganda, not research.

3. [quote name='"moshi1ry"']A friend of mine sent me this because he knows that i am very proactive for marijuana and believe that it is a good thing. He is basically trying to disprove what i think by using this article (hes an idiot). I have gone through the article and can already tell some things that are just down right wrong but others im unsure about. If someone from the community would be willing to take the time and dissect the article and present there findings i would be very grateful. I personally believe its the most bullshit in an article ive ever read.
    The Medical 'Benefits' of THC and Smoking Marijuana (Cannabis): a Review of the Current Scientific Literature[/quote]

Tell him if he has tryed it? No? Then he is illiterate on the subject and thereby his argument is not valid, good day

4. it's a bible thumping site using half truths...:rolleyes:

nothing in it should be taken seriously.:cool:

I read over the page and it is propaganda. :eek:

Not one item based on a true study. :eek:

Have a nice day, and please help your friend get away from that cult that has it's evil hooks into his soul.:wave:

5. WOW!
    After reading this the first thing that came to my mind was the poor guy, Rich Deem, must have been locked in a room all of his life and forced to watch "Reefer Madness".

What's really disturbing is that he uses the pulpit as a means to spread his vile message.

6. This is exactly what i thought...i started to dissect the article then realize this is stupid bullshit that i was reading and threw it away after i printed it out. I couldnt find the exact right word besides bullshit but propaganda is what i was looking for. Thanks alot blades some people just cant be changed no matter how hard you try.

7. I've been off all my pharmaceuticals for my Ulcerative Colitis for +4 years....and i've never been healthier. I'm no longer in constant pain from stomach cramps and i'm not on the toilet 15+ times per day. Also, before I was having flareups every 6 months and I haven't flared up in 4 years.

That's enough proof for me.

Big pharma made my life hell, MMJ brought back some normality.

8. Thats wonderful BA! I think the living examples of people using marijuana are the best ones! Thanks for posting.

9. Your brother does what my mom used to do about anything she thought was wrong with me =D

I think MMJ is a good suppliment and can allow people to get off of medications. Like in the previous example by BA.
    For me, I'm almost completely off of my Zoloft. I still take other medications, but even if I miss some doses, the MMJ has mellowed me out and lowered my PTSD symptoms so much that I'm fairly normalized now.
    My mood swings are not as frequent, and I am much more productive at times, I'm being creative again, my pain levels are down, and I sleep much better which helps my mood and depression quite a bit, too! I dose with pot about 2-3 times a day.

Your friend needs to let things be as they are, and just accept what you are supportive of. He doesn't have to be involved in it, talk to you about it, or be near any of it. I don't understand people...

10. Yeah and what about all the deaths attributed to those damn prescription pills?

also it seems like they're only talking about THC when CBD is what has the anti-psychotic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-tumorous properties...and they were also pretty much only talking about smoking it or thc-extracts. tsk tsk.

11. damn there's still anti pot people. thought they all died off. pot is at an alltime high in approval and we still got douchers like this guy spreading their propoganda. SMH

12. marijuana will be legalized in the very near future, its impossible to keep a lie of this size up forever